Unofficial 64-bit installer/archive 3.3.x

Testing the freshly baked, latest builds!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unofficial 64-bit installer/archive 3.3.x

Post by Nemo »

He will probably release his own version of x64 build but with v3.3.10 sledge released also a x64 build: https://www.fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html

I installed and using it at the moment, works good. Only a very small issue while installing: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/6079, change that and it installs in the x64 directory.
fusk

Post by fusk »

Uhh.

stihia

Post by stihia »

I've noticed different sizes between the two releases of 3.3.10 x64 version, both on libtorrent 1.0.10. Gelmir (Dayman) release it's 16.1 MB, while sledgehammer_999's is 18.55 MB. What's the explanation?
Anyway, big thanks to both for the hard work !
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="stihia"]
I've noticed different sizes between the two releases of 3.3.10 x64 version, both on libtorrent 1.0.10. Gelmir (Dayman) release it's 16.1 MB, while sledgehammer_999's is 18.55 MB. What's the explanation?
Anyway, big thanks to both for the hard work !
[/quote]

Probably executeable/Installer packing differences..
Dayman could have Mpress/UPX'd his installer sledgehammer may not have, or they use different installers to deliver the same thing and sledgehammer's takes up additional space.
stihia

Post by stihia »

Thank you, KitKat.
Another question: Gelmir releases that are using libtorrent 1.1 are safe now for daily use?
I am asking this because the 3.3.9 and 3.3.10 releases don't have the 3.3.7 mention: "Files marked with "libtorrent1.1." are not recommended for production; use at your own risk.".
KitKat

Post by KitKat »

[quote="stihia"]
Thank you, KitKat.
Another question: Gelmir releases that are using libtorrent 1.1 are safe now for daily use?
I am asking this because the 3.3.9 and 3.3.10 releases don't have the 3.3.7 mention: "Files marked with "libtorrent1.1." are not recommended for production; use at your own risk.".
[/quote]

Gelmir builds from a direct fork of sledgehammer's master.
For all intents and purposes they are identical, if bugs exist in sledgehammers master regarding libtorrent1.1 they will exist in gelmir's version aswell.
Whether bugs exist, or how stable the libtorrent1.1 branch is i cant speak for as i've never personally used it.

This would be a question worth asking on the (probably both) github.
Last edited by KitKat on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Generally speaking, until the official build switches to 1.1.x proceed with a little caution. At least 1.1.2 should be used. It contains a shitload of changes. But I haven't tested actively with that branch so I cannot say if everything will work ok.
For example, I keep seeing increasing RAM usage during downloads while 1.0.x doesn't have this problem. I reached 200+MiB ram usage just by downloading 2 torrents while 1.0.x never breaks 100MiB(it is usually towards 80MiB).
Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ »

Very big delay from official 3.3.12 release... Older version were released same day
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

[quote="Pasha_ZZZ"]
Very big delay from official 3.3.12 release... Older version were released same day
[/quote]

https://www.fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html

Both are there x32 & x64 official builds?
Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ »

[quote="Nemo"]Both are there x32 & x64 official builds?[/quote]I'm about Gelmir builds, this topic named "Unofficial", I think...
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

It is.

But we got the official one now since few months.
Pasha_ZZZ

Post by Pasha_ZZZ »

[quote="Nemo"]But we got the official one now since few months.[/quote] Official uses libtorrent 1.0, but Gelmir's - 1.1
DENZEL519

Post by DENZEL519 »

I would like to know in qBittorrent-3.3.13 libtorrent1.1 x64 whether a bug with WebUI will be fixed?
Attachments
screenshot-192.168.1.4 1988-2017-06-18-22-53-01.png
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Im not sure if 1.1 is stable enough to be used as a main version. Otherwise the ''official'' builds would use it too by now. I remember reading something about it at Github..

At Dayman's own release page it states:
Files marked with "libtorrent1.1." are not recommended for production; use at your own risk.
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DENZEL519

Post by DENZEL519 »

It seems to be stable, so it connects faster with feasts and ciders, and the speed is higher and more stable.