Please please please add a way to start hidden to tray.

Linux specific questions, problems.
petrochemicals

Please please please add a way to start hidden to tray.

Post by petrochemicals »

Qbittorrent is by far my favourite torrent client. It runs perfect for me on Windows and Linux and is the only torrent client I use any more.

There is only one feature that is missing for me and that is start hidden to tray. Please add a way to start hidden to tray. I know you can set minimize and close to tray for it to start hidden, but I prefer (and other torrent apps like Tixati offer this) to be able to minimize to panel when I am working in the app and still hold onto the functionality of the app not popping up on boot when auto starting. This feature would be useful in Windows and Linux.
ironcross

Re: Please please please add a way to start hidden to tray.

Post by ironcross »

Win 7 - Right click on Taskbar - Properties - Notification Area - Customize - qBittorrent - Hide icon and notifications.
Or maybe i don't understand you correctly.
petrochemicals

Post by petrochemicals »

[quote="ironcross"]
Win 7 - Right click on Taskbar - Properties - Notification Area - Customize - qBittorrent - Hide icon and notifications.
Or maybe i don't understand you correctly.
[/quote]

I don't think you did. I want a notification icon in the tray, but I want the program to autostart hidden (minimized) in the tray while retaining the functionality of minimizing to the panel without actually starting minimized to the panel. As it is now, the only way to start Qbittorrent hidden (minimized) to the system tray is to check both close and minimize to the tray which creates the problem of not being able to minimize to the panel.

This is a function that is in Deluge (Start in tray), Tixati (start with windows hidden in system tray), and Transmission (add transmission-gtk -m to startup applications).
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Sorry, i misunderstood. Also you use Linux.
gms

Post by gms »

What is wrong with those settings?

Go to Options -> Behavior and
uncheck "Show splash screen at startup"
check "Start qBittorrent minimized"
check "Minimize qBittorrent to notification area"
Last edited by gms on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
petrochemicals

Post by petrochemicals »

[quote="gms"]

[/quote]

As I explained above, if I am working in the app and it needs to be minimized, it should do so to the panel, not the system tray. As of now the only way to start Qbittorrent minimized to the notification area is to always minimize to notification area. Applications such as Tixati, Transmission, and Deluge offer a way to start minimized to the tray while still retaining the ability to minimize to the panel the rest of the time. All I am asking is for Qbittorrent to do the same.
Last edited by petrochemicals on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Please create an issue in bugs.qbittorrent.org and I will mark it as "wishlist". I came across your request by accident.
gms

Post by gms »

[quote="petrochemicals"]
[quote="gms"]

[/quote]

As I explained above, if I am working in the app and it needs to be minimized, it should do so to the panel, not the system tray. As of now the only way to start Qbittorrent minimized to the notification area is to always minimize to notification area. Applications such as Tixati, Transmission, and Deluge offer a way to start minimized to the tray while still retaining the ability to minimize to the panel the rest of the time. All I am asking is for Qbittorrent to do the same.
[/quote]

Then do this:

uncheck "Minimize qBittorrent to notification area"

This way qbittorrent starts minimized at the panel. At least to my computer (Arch Linux with Cinnamon DE).
If you want something else and I don't understand it sorry...
Last edited by gms on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petrochemicals

Post by petrochemicals »

[quote="gms"]
[quote="petrochemicals"]
[quote="gms"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then do this:

uncheck "Minimize qBittorrent to notification area"

This way qbittorrent starts minimized at the panel. At least to my computer (Arch Linux with Cinnamon DE).
If you want something else and I don't understand it sorry...
[/quote]

I guess you did misunderstand. I don't want it to start to the panel, I want it to start minimized to the tray without showing anything on the panel. Once started I would like to be able to open the app from the tray and if I am still working in the app retain the option to minimize to the panel.
Arnob

Post by Arnob »

petrochemicals wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 pm Qbittorrent is by far my favourite torrent client. It runs perfect for me on Windows and Linux and is the only torrent client I use any more.

There is only one feature that is missing for me and that is start hidden to tray. Please add a way to start hidden to tray. I know you can set minimize and close to tray for it to start hidden, but I prefer (and other torrent apps like Tixati offer this) to be able to minimize to panel when I am working in the app and still hold onto the functionality of the app not popping up on boot when auto starting. This feature would be useful in Windows and Linux.
please admin we want this feature .... every time i open my pc i have to close qbittorrent to tray ..... that is annoying ..... please make the feature in next update / and also another thing make the password protect of this client more hard ....after the pc startup it doesnt start in tray .... and the password doesnt work actually in this case .... just turn off the pc and on it qbittorrent is not protected