how to backup qbittorrent setting and torrents in progress

Linux specific questions, problems.
apaan

how to backup qbittorrent setting and torrents in progress

Post by apaan »

Hi, Currently I'm running ubuntu 10.04 and soon i'm gonna move to linux mint 15 since ubuntu 10.04 support has ended. Now at the moment I have a lot of torrents paused or running, and I want to backup this progress and restore the torrents list to linux mint 15. How am i gonna do this?
PS: my home dir is separated from / root dir, so I'm gonna keep my home dir intact.
catwoman68

Re: how to backup qbittorrent setting and torrents in progress

Post by catwoman68 »

The two folders you need to backup (just in case they are overwritten), are within your home directory:

/home/username/.config/qBittorrent/
Which contains the configuration files.

/home/username/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/BT_backup/
Which contains both .torrent, and fast resume files.
loki

Post by loki »

Everything "should" be fine when updating, but just in case backup as directed.
When upgrading anyway it's a good suggestion to backup ones' home directory "just in case" which would of course include all qbittorrent files as well as any other programs settings, or files you saved within your home directory. All users home directories.
apaan

Post by apaan »

[quote="catwoman68"]
The two folders you need to backup (just in case they are overwritten), are within your home directory:

/home/username/.config/qBittorrent/
Which contains the configuration files.

/home/username/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/BT_backup/
Which contains both .torrent, and fast resume files.
[/quote]
Thanks exactly what i need to know.. I was able to find the .config folder but didn't know where to look the BT_backup directory. :)
apaan

Post by apaan »

[quote="loki"]
Everything "should" be fine when updating, but just in case backup as directed.
When upgrading anyway it's a good suggestion to backup ones' home directory "just in case" which would of course include all qbittorrent files as well as any other programs settings, or files you saved within your home directory. All users home directories.
[/quote]
I'm keeping my home directory, anyway my home dir is in different hdd so it should stay untouched except I mess with the wrong button during new os installation.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Just have a Wuala account and upload your critical config files/stuff.
(They use client-side encryption, and you don't have to keep your files in sync (but you also can do that). Best backup solution I've ever seen.)