qBittorrent suddenly "forgot" all of my torrent locations, & set them to default

Linux specific questions, problems.
grendel

qBittorrent suddenly "forgot" all of my torrent locations, & set them to default

Post by grendel »

qBittorrent suddenly "forgot" all of my torrent locations, and set them back to the default location (/home/user/Downloads). 

What would cause this and is there any fix other than manually setting each of my hundreds of torrents back to its own location? (And how to prevent this from happening again?)
delicadaz

Re: qBittorrent suddenly "forgot" all of my torrent locations, & set them to default

Post by delicadaz »

me too ...................  Files are stored correctly in designated temp. folder ......... but finished downloads end up in downloads folder instead of my Torrent folder

cheers
DD
delicadaz

Re: qBittorrent suddenly "forgot" all of my torrent locations, & set them to default

Post by delicadaz »

what a pity no one can be bothered solving problems on this forum .............. were is the developer
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

The bug of forgetting torrent settings/paths is fixed in v3.1.0. (At leas I think I have found the bug). However, since you already lost the info about the paths the isn't much you can do. You have to manually set the location again.
Or if it is a comleted torrent:
1. locate its .torrent file in the BT_backup folder (<info_hash>.torrent)
2. Copy it somewhere
3. Remove the torrent from the transfer list
4. File->Import existing torrent...
5. Select the .torrent file, the save path AND select the box about skipping hash checks

This will avoid rechecking all your torrents, assuming you have many.

PS: Having "save incomplete torrents in" enabled may interfere with this. This functionality isn't very tested and tends to be fragile unfortunately.
delicadaz

Post by delicadaz »

Thanks for this, i will give it a try .....................  yes i always use "keep incomplete torrents in" option .................. i will switch it off