Looking for KTorrent features in qBittorrent

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
Xen

Looking for KTorrent features in qBittorrent

Post by Xen »

Greetings,

I'm a KTorrent user in Linux using qBittorrent on Windows 7. I've found it to be excellent thus far :) Thank you.

Here are a few KTorrent features that I would love to see in qBittorrent:

1. Stalled torrent: When a torrent stalls with no activity for X minutes, I'd like to see it drop down the queue.
2. Pause/resume: I'd like to have an option to pause all torrents and resume them as needed. This would be coupled with a toolbar button as well as a tray icon context menu option. The tray icon would change to reflect if the app is in pause mode or resume.
3. Alternative speeds: I'm currently using the alternative speed option to "pause" qBittorrent. Regardless of point 2 above, using a different tray icon for this will be nice.
4. Allow tracker filters: Allow users to filter only the torrents that belong to a particular tracker. For examples, if I have torrents belonging to tracker1.foo.com, tracker2.foo.com, tracker.bar.com, and tracker.baz.com, it would be great to filter only the torrents belonging to foo.com at the click of a label-like category item. Similarly, bar.com, and baz.com would also be available.

Thank you all :)
X
ciaobaby

Re: Looking for KTorrent features in qBittorrent

Post by ciaobaby »

I'd like to have an option to pause all torrents and resume them as needed.
Hold down the toolbar buttons or use:

Shift+Ctrl+P to pause all

Shift+Ctrl+S to resume all

(Also it is in the Systray icon context menu)
Xen

Post by Xen »

Thank you, Ciaobaby. Thank you for pointing that out to me (and for the link). Actually, that request was a bit incomplete.

5. Autoresume paused status: Have an option to autoresume qBittorrent if it's been paused for X minutes.
6. Provide global shortcuts for pausing and resuming the app.

Thanks.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

For the first, go to options and set "do not count slow torrents"

For the autoresume paused: It is already in the bug tracker, but noone has implemented it.