I need some help installing qBittorrent V.3.1.9, Mint Linux.

Linux specific questions, problems.
gnuhope

I need some help installing qBittorrent V.3.1.9, Mint Linux.

Post by gnuhope »

I'm currently running Linux Mint 15 "olivia" Cinnamon 64-bit. It generally has the same support as the newest versions of Ubuntu when it comes to installing things. I added the PPA listed on the website and the newest version in the stable ppa is v3.1.5 instead of v3.1.9. I would like to install the newest version because I seem to be encountering a bug (that I will post about in another thread.)  and I'm hoping that by upgrading to the newest version I will be able to get rid of my problem. Does anyone know how to go about installing V3.1.9 in mint? I have done quite a bit of searching online and have turned up nothing. The non stable PPA has a alpha for V3.2 and I don't want bleeding edge unstable plus most of the private trackers don't have it on their white list.  Can anyone help me? Thank you for your time.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I need some help installing qBittorrent V.3.1.9, Mint Linux.

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

What series of the PPA have you enabled? All series except "Raring" are on v3.1.9! Did you do a "sudo apt-get update"?
gnuhope

Post by gnuhope »

I used "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable" and then, "sudo apt-get update" and then I upgraded using Synaptic. Speaking of, when looking thru synaptic it says that it is using the raring ppa. Is there any way I can over ride that and use a different ppa?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Manually edit /etc/apt/sources.list
If you don't know how then copy it here.
catwoman68

Post by catwoman68 »

Or to do this in Synaptic:
Synaptic>Settings>Repositories>Other Software

Edit to
http://ppa.launchpad.net/hydr0g3n/qbitt ... ble/ubuntu saucy main

Close, click reload, enter qbittorrent in the search filter, and the installed and latest available version will be listed.