[Wishlist] Focus on downloaded file when Torrent is double clicked!

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
Matrix Leader

[Wishlist] Focus on downloaded file when Torrent is double clicked!

Post by Matrix Leader »

I am posting this suggestion here because my topic was locked down for no reason on the site you suggest we post suggestions on!!

In uTorrent, when a download completes and you double click on the torrent, it takes you to the download folder highlighting the downloaded file.

but in qBittorrent, it just simply opens the download folder, then you have to search between the 10s of files you may have downloaded to find the file of that torrent.

I wish qBittorrent can mimic how uTorrent does it so it would actually open the download folder highlighting/focusing on the file of that particular torrent.
ciaobaby

Re: [Wishlist] Focus on downloaded file when Torrent is double clicked!

Post by ciaobaby »

qBT will do  the same if you use labels appended to the path.
Matrix Leader

Post by Matrix Leader »

[quote="ciaobaby"]
qBT will do  the same if you use labels appended to the path.
[/quote]
how do you do that?

could you show me an example?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Options -> Downloads -> check the appropriate box.
Matrix Leader

Post by Matrix Leader »

thanks a lot, let me try that
Matrix Leader

Post by Matrix Leader »

I tried that option, doesn't make one bit of a difference. When I double click on a downloading or completed torrent, it simply opens the folder where its being downloaded and doesn't highlight the file in question. I then have to look through my numerous downloaded torrents to where it is.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Now that Qt5 support is merged, I'll also merge this feature from Gelmir. (check the url I linked in your bug)
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

[quote]folder where its being downloaded and doesn't highlight the file in question.[/question]

correct because it says "Open destination folder. but it WILL take you to the FOLDER where th files are saved

uTorrent does EXACTLY the same, it is ONLY when you click the name in the file list that it highlights the actual file, using the entry in the task list does the same on all BitTorrent clients, it opens the folder.
Matrix Leader

Post by Matrix Leader »

[quote="ciaobaby"]

correct because it says "Open destination folder. but it WILL take you to the FOLDER where th files are saved

uTorrent does EXACTLY the same, it is ONLY when you click the name in the file list that it highlights the actual file, using the entry in the task list does the same on all BitTorrent clients, it opens the folder.
[/quote]
no, when I double click on a torrent which is downloaded or is downloading in uTorrent, it opens my downloads folder and the focus/highlight is on that file without having to search.

Another thing I noticed, sometimes let's say a torrent isn't a single file but is a folder which contains files. If I double click on the torrent after its done, sometimes it does open that folder just right. but other times, it simply opens the main download folder of the torrents and again, I have to search between the files.

I hope these issues can be fixed.
loki

Post by loki »

Yes, this for single file torrent, I think I read that it is working on being fixed in future version.