torrent that keep on pausing itself

Windows specific questions, problems.
flitox

torrent that keep on pausing itself

Post by flitox »

funny to see that the post it made yesterday got deleted.... heres the sequel anyway.... so from one of those 2 torrent files downloading when qbt stop working, one after restarting it all kept on pausing itself when starting it. it would download for like 5 sec max and set itself automatically to paused. i never managed to have it behave normally.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: torrent that keep on pausing itself

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

I bet that you got a popup in the system tray describing the error you got.
Go to the log and have a look and paste it here too. The log will contain the error.
View->Execution log.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

To make a few things clear:

It might be funny for you but I think that it was a useless post. If you want to use uTorrent go use it. No need to open a seperate topic for it just to say that after being mad, or irritated, or whatever you were at that moment. Thats the reason why I deleted it.

If you want to know whats funny then you should remember your deleted post saying that you were completely done with qBittorrent and went using uTorrent, but you are still here and asking for help. Now thats funny. If you say that then I see no reason to not to delete it.

Don't get me wrong; After all I like having you here with us like anyone else which is a fact.

Im not going into further discussion and letting sledge do the helping task on this one, I've made my point. Like it or not thats up to you.
Last edited by Nemo on Wed May 14, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flitox

Post by flitox »

it's true that giving you the info that qbt had stop working for some unknown reason and that it couldn't even be killed from process explorer is completely useless....

but all that mattered to you is that fact that i got fed up with all the annoying tiny things with qbt.  thats why i call it funny
don't forget i switched in the 1st place from utorrent because of that.

another quick note, it'd be a good idea that downloaded torrent in qbt should not restart downloading them if the data have been deleted but not the torrent.... just experienced that when i opened qbt again to see if i could answer sledge question, which i can not answer by the way because i didn't have any pop up in the sys tray and i didn't find out then about  the event viewer
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

another quick note, it'd be a good idea that downloaded torrent in qbt should not restart downloading them if the data have been deleted but not the torrent....
If you leave the job loaded and remove the payload ALL BitTorrent clients will restart the download.
flitox

Post by flitox »

ciaobaby wrote:
another quick note, it'd be a good idea that downloaded torrent in qbt should not restart downloading them if the data have been deleted but not the torrent....
If you leave the job loaded and remove the payload ALL BitTorrent clients will restart the download.
not really! have you forgotten how utorrent work??? what you get is an error for that particuliar torrent, not downloading again.
and by the way, some torrent files got paused at that occasion (those of course redownloading the stuff i've deleted), not all. no particuliar msg in the log, except that those said torrents have been paused
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

what you get is an error for that particuliar torrent, not downloading again.
Not necessarily, uTorrent behaviour on startup would depend on how it was shutdown previously, if the restart forced a recheck, and the payload was checked to anything less than 100% the missing pieces would be re-downloaded.

If it was a 'clean' shutdown and restart,  and individual pieces were/are missing the job stopped with a "Files missing", but if there was no payload in the location it simply treated it as a 'new job'.
nonexist

Post by nonexist »

check directory name + file name length. if it is bigger then 256 this problem can happen.
I changed location closer to root and now fine.
But tixati didn't get any effect because of long name. it means there is a way to solve.
Last edited by nonexist on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

No need to bump a 2 year old topic.

Closing this, PM if needed reopened.