can't save settings in webui after upgrade to 3.2

Linux specific questions, problems.
Roseysdaddy

can't save settings in webui after upgrade to 3.2

Post by Roseysdaddy »

i cant change anything.  doesn't appear to be access rights related, and the program is still running commands after torrents finish that aren't even showing up on the settings to do so (unrar).  what am i missing?
ciaobaby

Re: can't save settings in webui after upgrade to 3.2

Post by ciaobaby »

what am i missing?
No idea at all. The way this works  is:

YOU provide as much useful information as possible, so we, (that's everyone who isn't you) don't need to guess at what might be occurring.

Start with your OS and the content of your execution log.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Redact the logs by removing the names of the tasks before posting.
Roseysdaddy

Post by Roseysdaddy »

thank you.  im on ubuntu 14.04 server edition.  where does qbittorrent store it's logs?  i can only find the conf files.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

View -> Execution log
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

from where did you get "3.2"?
I haven't released v3.2.0 yet.
Roseysdaddy

Post by Roseysdaddy »

View -> only has "Speed in the title bar"  Remember I am using the webui remotely on a headless ubuntu.

sledgehammer....the About says 3.2.0alpha from the unstable ppa.
Roseysdaddy

Post by Roseysdaddy »

Anything I can do?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

are you sure that qbittorrent.conf (or qbittorrent.ini) file is writable by the user running qbittorrent-nox?
What kind of settings aren't saved?
How do you determine that settings aren't saved? When you hit apply and then reload the options window it has the old value?
Roseysdaddy

Post by Roseysdaddy »

i have set the qbittorrent files to 777.  they should be writable by anyone in that case, right?  Using the webui, i click on Preferences, and if I change something or i dont, either way, clicking on the Save button does nothing.  Nothing happens.  The preferences popup remains on the screen.  The only way to remove it is to click the X button.  Then, when I go back to Preferences, the settings have not been saved and again the only way to remove the preferences popup is to click on the X.

If i manually edit /home/MYUSER/.config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf  it sure as hell looks like the settings are correct, but that doesn't translate over visually to the webui preferences.  This is on firefox, btw.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Let's test if this a firefox caching issue. To force firefox to fetch all necessary WEBUI files from qbt and not from its cache:
1. Login as always in WEBUI
2. Hold the shift key and click refresh on firefox. Keep holding the shift key until the page fully reloads.
Now try to save the Preferences dialog. Does it close when you click the save button?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Ctrl+F5 also does a "hard refresh" in FF and most other Windows browsers (Ctrl+R Linux ... Cmd + R Mac)