Migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent easily

Windows specific questions, problems.
RavenousSix

Re: Migrate from uTorrent to qBittorrent easily

Post by RavenousSix »

Thanks for making this program. It works awesome! It transferred over all my torrents no issues.

Thanks again to the author.
Grump

Post by Grump »

The "Completed On" field gets reset to the current date when qB is restarted.
Demous

Post by Demous »

First of all thanks A LOT Danzig for you script it saved me a lot of time and it works like a charm, but I've got a question/request. Is it possible to make a script like this one that migrates RSS feeds and filters from utorrent to qbittorrent?
TRiT0NE

Post by TRiT0NE »

What you're doing is truly amazing!
I just have a slight hitch.
Here, it seems to work fine until 419/2768 then I get this

Code: Select all

C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr23C9.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.rb:97:in `so
rt': comparison of Array with String failed (ArgumentError)
        from C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr23C9.tmp/src/resumedatfinal
.rb:97:in `tPunchup'
.rb:390:in `block in <main>'
.rb:375:in `each'
.rb:375:in `<main>'

C:\Users\Administrator>
Any ideas?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

[quote="TRiT0NE"]
What you're doing is truly amazing!
I just have a slight hitch.
Here, it seems to work fine until 419/2768 then I get this...
[/quote]

Send Danzig a private message, and include the affected file.
DMIDI

Post by DMIDI »

Hi.
It's don't work for me. I get this error.

Code: Select all

C:\>ut2gt.exe "C:\Users\?????\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat" "C:\Users\???
??\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup"
WARNING: The rest_client gem is deprecated and will be removed from RubyGems. Pl
ease use rest-client gem instead.
Backing up dat file...C:/Users/17D3~1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD287.tmp/lib/ruby/2.
1.0/fileutils.rb:1401:in `initialize': No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen -
C:\Users\?????\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat (Errno::ENOENT)
        from C:/Users/17D3~1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD287.tmp/lib/ruby/2.1.0/fileu
tils.rb:1401:in `open'
tils.rb:1401:in `copy_file'
tils.rb:483:in `copy_file'
tils.rb:400:in `block in cp'
tils.rb:1579:in `block in fu_each_src_dest'
tils.rb:1595:in `fu_each_src_dest0'
tils.rb:1577:in `fu_each_src_dest'
tils.rb:399:in `cp'
        from C:/Users/17D3~1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD287.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.r
b:87:in `backupResumeDat'
        from C:/Users/17D3~1/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrD287.tmp/src/resumedatfinal.r
b:341:in `<main>'

C:\>
However, these folders and file are available.
ImageImage

Sorry for my English. Denis.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

C:\Users\?????\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\resume.dat (Errno::ENOENT)

Means the specified file cannot be accessed or cannot be found at the specified path.
DMIDI

Post by DMIDI »

This is the name of my Windows account, on Cyrillic. This can be seen in the picture above.
Forum replaced ????? on ?????
Meybe this is a reson, i mean that in path to resume.dat appears account name written in Cyrillic?
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

[quote="DMIDI"]
This is the name of my Windows account, on Cyrillic. This can be seen in the picture above.
Forum replaced ????? on ?????
Meybe this is a reson, i mean that in path to resume.dat appears account name written in Cyrillic?
[/quote]

It could be, I have no idea whether the converter is UTF capable or not, but if you copy resume.dat to a folder that only uses ANSII characters it will possibly work ok.
DMIDI

Post by DMIDI »

It's worked. I moved the resume.dat and BT_backup folder in the root of drive C. After move the BT_backup folder to its original location.
Thank you very much.
Last edited by DMIDI on Wed May 20, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jnieurzyla

Post by jnieurzyla »

I am a real newbie and in the process of starting to use qbittorrent, but I have 350 torrents in utorrent that I want to transfer over.

Unfortunately I do not understand what to do, I am not familiar with what all the emails are saying. 

Can someone please do an idiots guide for me please, on how to do this?

Thank you

John
jnieurzyla

Post by jnieurzyla »

I have tried to follow the instructions from the sticky, I downloaded the program, then CMD, but the program is not recognised. And I already wrote previously I am a newbie and any help would be appreciated, thank you.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

but the program is not recognised.
Not recognized by what??
wcruiser

Post by wcruiser »

uotorrent has a feature
it downloads a torrent in location then move to another folded after complete (append torrent lable)

How to do it on qbit? here I only get  from rss/ torrent saving in a folder onlu from strt to end.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Tools -> Options -> Downloads.