Suggestion - Use ClamAV/ClamWin to scan torrents

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suggestion - Use ClamAV/ClamWin to scan torrents

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
Long answer: Bundling an AV will implode the installer size. Plus most Windows users have AV installed anyway(from different vendors too). Any decent AV has on-file-access scan so it will catch any malware present upon double clicking anyway.
[/quote]
[quote="sledgehammer_999"]
Let me say this: All Windows users have AV installed so there isn't a need for us to do the same. If they haven't an AV they are already screwed anyway.
EXCEPTION: Unless you are really experienced and careful, you don't need an AV.
[/quote]

Correcting some stuff to mean the right thing:

1. Long answer: Bundling an AV will explode the installer size.
2. EXCEPTION: If you are really experienced and careful, you don't need an AV.
kernelcrunch

Post by kernelcrunch »

VERY old thread. However, sad to see it was shot down so vigorously. I have a dedicated VM for ClamAV that scans my Xeams email front end, as well as my Nextcloud files. Both these apps have an option to say "Look at this server, where I have ClamAV installed and use it to scan for viruses". It would be awesome if (at least the Linux version) of Qbittorrent had this advanced feature available. I don't see how it would add any size to the installer.

(BTW, users would have the option to install the ClamD service on the same machine as Qbittorrent and point this feature back at localhost.)

I love Qbittorrent! Great work!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

On Linux you could execute a script after Download that'd check the downloaded folder with Clam, that'd work without any issue.