Trying to build qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
bmgg.c

Trying to build qBittorrent

Post by bmgg.c »

Hey,

I followed all steps on this page: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/wiki/Compiling-with-MSVC-2013-(static-linkage)
However I always make things harder than they have to be and decided I wanted to try and build with all the latest libraries.

Compiler: MSVC 2013 (MSVC 12.0)

Version

zip file

Strawberry Perl 5.20.2.1

Strawberry Perl 5.20.2.1 (64bit)

nasm 2.11.08

nasm-2.11.08-win32.zip

zlib 1.2.8

zlib128.zip

openssl 1.0.2a

openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz

boost 1.58.0

boost_1_58_0.zip

libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.4

libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.4.tar.gz

Qt 5.4.1 source

qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.4.1.zip

QtCreator 3.4.0

qBittorrent pulled from the master branch (https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/commit/6e4fbcf017e6b77473a231d4ea272c35cad85478)

With a little bit of tweaking to the commands, all the libraries compile (statically linked).

I get to the last stage and then I get this error:

qbittorrent\src\core\qtlibtorrent\alertdispatcher.cpp:57: see reference to function template instantiation 'boost::function<void (std::auto_ptr<libtorrent::alert>)>::function<boost::_bi::bind_t<void,void (__cdecl *)(QSharedPointer<QAlertDispatcher::Tag>,std::auto_ptr<libtorrent::alert>),boost::_bi::list2<boost::_bi::value<T>,boost::arg<1>>>>(Functor,int)' being compiled
with
[
    T=QSharedPointer<QAlertDispatcher::Tag>

And an image of the specific error:

Now, does anybody have an idea where I should start looking to get it to build with these libraries?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trying to build qBittorrent

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

You should either fallback on libtorrent 1.0.3 or use the latest code from the RC_1_0 svn branch. Otherwise, linking with libtorrent will fail.

However, your problem here is something else. Did you enable c++11 mode on qt5 or the compiler? We haven't really tested with that mode yet.
Also I haven't tested boost 1.58. Only until 1.57.
PS: v3.2.0 tarball is available on sourceforge.net
bmgg.c

Re: Trying to build qBittorrent

Post by bmgg.c »

Ok, I switched to the RC_1_0 svn branch of libtorrent and built it.
But you're correct, the error still persists

How do I disable c++11 mode when compiling Qt5?
I tried passing the -no-c++11 option to configure.exe, but I get the following warning:

WARNING: Qt does not support disabling or enabling any existing C++11 support with MSVC compilers.Therefore -no-c++11 is ignored.