My experience with qBittorrent so far (just started using it a few days ago)

Windows specific questions, problems.
eNdEmiOn

Re: My experience with qBittorrent so far (just started using it a few days ago)

Post by eNdEmiOn »

No need to rub it in.
Neither to assume all problems with the portable version are portable related. It just happend to be the case for this one issue and now everyone can read about it and know about it for future refference.

(btw don't you mean the portableapps.com qbittorrent version is not supported? seems to me making qbittorrent portable yourself as is described http://malwaretips.com/threads/make-qbi ... elf.14979/ souldn't negate "official" support)
venzel

Re: My experience with qBittorrent so far (just started using it a few days ago)

Post by venzel »

Regarding seeding, contrary to the experience of the vocal majority, 3.2.0RC1 (dunno if anything changed in the official)
it's seeding the way it should i.e picking the torrents with the smallest seed/peer ratio and seed them unlike in say
3.1.9 where i had to pause all torrents except the ones that needed seeds otherwise i would get the dreaded Stalled.
Mind you i'm seeding exclusively public torrents so maybe your private trackers are saturated with seedboxes (you are not needed)
or you just seed only famous torrents (again you are not needed)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

No need to rub it in. Neither to assume all problems with the portable version are portable related.
True, but its officially not supported (yet, till it might get a official release). Sure you can make a comparison that something works with portable version but doesn't with the official release for example thats a different story. But we are not openly helping when actually using the portable version. Small minor things where we can help we surely will. I have no doubts its near the same and very stable that aside. Its being made/modified by someone else, simple as that :).
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

seems to me making qbittorrent portable yourself as is described http://malwaretips.com/threads/make-qbi ... elf.14979/ souldn't negate "official" support)
It does, because none of the developers actually know what has been changed, as you are introducing unknown code and potentially triggering 'bugs' that only YOUR installation is going have.