IPFILTER

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
alazare619

IPFILTER

Post by alazare619 »

I see the ipfilter and it is amazing but i would like the option to load an ipfilter from a url like iblocklist there packaged in the gzip format wich is easy enough or the zip format and there p2p format comes as a txt file but its the same anyways the link to one of the ipfilters like the bluetack lvl1 list is
http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=bt_lev ... eformat=gz

could you add the option to load from url with just a download button and maybe an update frequency would be an easy fix and would beasly added in honestly the code doesnt have to even change all that much like maybe 4 lines? if this is opensource someone should seriously add the ability instead of having to manualy download it and keep it updated by hand
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: IPFILTER

Post by Peter »

Create a new bug in the bugtracker like this:
[WISHLIST] Load IPFilter by URL and update it with a given frequency

Or something like that.
Chris will implement it I guess when he comes back.
blabla

Post by blabla »

Yes, but please make the "automatic update" voluntary.

alazare619: where can I inform myself, how this list is being updated?

I think, it was in this video here: http://events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahr ... .html  where they talked about the very little usefulness of such block-lists.
semidemi

Post by semidemi »

can we also have more than one list as well?
spacegoat

Post by spacegoat »

There are already tools available for this. Example in Gentoo/Sabayon there Linux there is the package net-misc/iplist-0.29 that :

1.Automatically updates
2.Filters ALL applications accessing the net
3.Provides a nice GUI

Our esteemed developers have enough on their hands with  qBT instead of reinventing the wheel.

Best wishes
semidemi

Post by semidemi »

I am not that good with linux yet but not yet a total newb. I don't know how to install/compile iplist or ipblock on Debian. For some reason they only have a 64bit version of the latest package, there was no i386 package.