Can't get OR operator (|) to work in RSS Downloader

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
guygizmo

Can't get OR operator (|) to work in RSS Downloader

Post by guygizmo »

I can't get the OR operator to work with the RSS downloader.

I'm trying to make an expression like this: "Show Name WEBRip|WEB-DL"

If there are three torrents in my RSS feed with a title like:
Show Name WEBRip 720p
Show Name WEB-DL 720p
Show Name HDTV 720p

then "Show Name" will match all three, "Show Name WEBRip" will match the first, but "Show Name WEBRip|WEB-DL" doesn't match anything. In fact I've tried several different search queries using the OR operator that ought to match torrents I can see are in my RSS feed and I can't get it to match any of them. It just consistently breaks the search expression.

Any ideas what's up?

qBittorrent v3.2.0 OS X 10.9.5
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't get OR operator (|) to work in RSS Downloader

Post by Peter »

http://regexlib.com/CheatSheet.aspx

After you switch to regex, you need to use regex for the rest of the command as well.
"Show Name WEBRip" - nothing will match that. (Only a String that's got exactly that name.)

For example you have to "match any character" after that WEBRip. Or before that.
You can test your regex here with sample filenames/torrent names: http://regexpal.com/
Qlx

Post by Qlx »

Try "Show Name WEB* 720p" (without parenthesis). That should work. At least should match anything that begins with "WEB". Or try "Show Name WEB[Rip|.DL] 720p".

Sorry, scrape that, it's "Show Name WEB*... 720p" I'm still learning. It seemed to work when I tried.
Last edited by Qlx on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

A regular expression wildcard is a dot char '.' not the asterix '*'and to match one or more characters is '.+' and '.*' is to match none or more.

so WEB.+ or WEB{Rip-DL}+ if you prefer to use a character class.