New User speed issues

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
biddee

New User speed issues

Post by biddee »

Hi, I'm having horrible speed issues. I should be downloading fast as my ISP has good speed but this is what I am getting. I am running Mac OS 10.9.5. Can anyone help?
Attachments
qtorrent3.tiff
qtorrent3.tiff (143.61 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
qtorrent2.tiff
qtorrent2.tiff (174.13 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
qbittorrent.tiff
qbittorrent.tiff (439.55 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
qtorrent.jpg
biddee

Re: New User speed issues

Post by biddee »

Connections: Global maximum and per torrent. 358 and 143

Listening port 38749 (used random and it is open)

Upload slots: Global maximum and per torrent Not checked

Half-open connection value. Not sure where to find this

Is uTP on or off? On

Rate limiting uTP? on

Encryption on or off? off

IPv6 on or off? off

libtorrent version Use Help -> About -> Libraries to identify that. ????

Connection status? (the icon on the status bar will tell you) Which connection status?

DHT node count (on the status bar) Which status bar?

Are you using a proxy or a VPN? No
What type of user profile are you?

Do you seed more than download? or vice versa? I have just started. Downloaded one thing which is seeding.

How many tasks do you expect to run on average? I really want to download one thing right now.

Do you use the machine for other tasks simultaneous with BitTorrent downloads Yes, light browsing online

Are there other users on the LAN? Not at present

If a specific loaded task is a problem, please provide;

The status of the task.

Seed and Peer counts in bracketed form x(n) ... The number in the bracket is possible, the number outside is actual.

Tracker status information.

If providing screen shots for any of the above, please hide the name column or obfuscate the name and/or hash id of the task along with 'access keys' in 'private' tracker URIs

Please note: We DO NOT need or want metadata file (.torrent) URIs or magnet links to downloadable content that is NOT open source or public domain material. Failure to comply with this will result in a warning and/or account removal.
Last edited by biddee on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biddee

Re: New User speed issues

Post by biddee »

It has speeded up a bit since I changed the global maximum and per torrent and also set the max upload speed to 90 but it's still not going as fast as it should. I get better speeds at home with no settings changed from default (and the speed I pay there is 20Mbs).
Attachments
qbit.jpg