Unable to start torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
Pmurt Dlanod

Unable to start torrents

Post by Pmurt Dlanod »

My computer recently Blue Screened causing qBittorrent to lose all the data on my torrents. I followed a guide online for re-adding the torrents to qBittorrent (renaming the qBittorrent-resume.ini.bak file in Appdata) , which worked correctly, only requiring me to relocate the files.

However now that qBittorent has checked my files, I am unable to seed them. Here's some information that may help:
  • All of the torrents that I recovered from the Appdata folder say "Tracker not contacted yet".
  • When I attempt to resume the files, they collect some data regarding the number of seeders, and then immediately switch back from Seeding --> Completed
  • After attempting to resume, the tracker now states that it is "Working", however resuming the torrents  causes it to again return to the Completed state after gathering tracker data
  • qBittorrent still processes new torrents correctly. In other words torrents that I did not recover from Appdata, will both download and seed correctly.
I figure I messed something up when I changed the files in the Appdata folder.

Thank you for your assistance!
tekko

Re: Unable to start torrents

Post by tekko »

Does the log say share ratio reached or something similar?
Last edited by tekko on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pmurt Dlanod

Re: Unable to start torrents

Post by Pmurt Dlanod »

[quote="tekko"]
Does the log say share ratio reached or something similar?
[/quote]

Wow I'm an idiot, haha. Thanks for the response, the solution was indeed to set all the torrents to have no Ratio limit.

However I'm not sure why they were set that way, because I certainly have never touched those options!

Thanks again!