New ICONS - I can help

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
PavlosM

New ICONS - I can help

Post by PavlosM »

Good day. I recently start using this useful application, and I really wish that I can offer my expertise.

This application needs NEW ICONS. I mean all the icons must be changed. The design exists to make applications more appealing, and I do think there is a MUCH space for improvement on this topic.

I know how to create beautiful icons. Who should I contact for this inquiry?

Thank you very much.  :)
Last edited by PavlosM on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
KitKat

Re: New ICONS - I can help

Post by KitKat »

[quote="PavlosM"]
Good day. I recently start using this useful application, and I really wish that I can offer my expertise.

This application needs NEW ICONS. I mean all the icons must be changed. The design exists to make applications more appealing, and I do think there is a MUCH space for improvement on this topic.

I know how to create beautiful icons. Who should I contact for this inquiry?

Thank you very much.  :)
[/quote]
Hi, the current dev build(next release) already has new icons
It can be downloaded from here: http://www.fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html ... _setup.exe

It looks like this:

If you feel like you can contribute BETTER icons or other improvements to it, please comment on the github.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
Submit a PR with the new icons or message the author of the GUI update (cant remember who he is off the top of my head i believe his name started with a b)

/e: Just realised this is the mac subforum, you'd have to look for a mac version of the 3.4.0 alpha if fosshub doesnt host one or build it yourself from the current github master.
I dont think/havent checked if the official qbt repo has a 3.4.0 alpha version and i dont know whether it would work on the Mac system(it probably will) as i havent used OSX.
Last edited by KitKat on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
chachak

Re: New ICONS - I can help

Post by chachak »

Hi all at qBittorrent forums,

below is a snapshot showing how my working version of qBittorrent looks like. Most of the pictures are mine, some others are picked from here and there. Anyway, all of them are free even for commercial purposes (having an obligation to credit the author, in some cases).

I didn´t want to deal with compiling and there´s not such a Reshacker for Qt (afaik), so I extracted raw images direct from the executable, just to edit them, make the original and final size match and reinjecting them into qbittorrent.exe  8) 8) 8)

Last edited by chachak on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.