Is it possible to delete data once the share limit reached?

Windows specific questions, problems.
ctflora

Is it possible to delete data once the share limit reached?

Post by ctflora »

I'm wondering if it's possible to configure qBittorrent so that once the share limit is reached, the data files for the torrent can be deleted? 

If this seems like an odd request, here's my setup:
Right now I an external program on torrent completion (filebot/amc) which copies the data to my media server as soon as the torrent has finished downloading.  The copies get renamed and dropped into the appropriate directories, and the original files remain in qBittorrent so that I can seed them like a responsible adult.  I currently have the share limit ratio set at 2.0, and at this point qBittorrent will remove the torrent, but the original data files remain. 

While I'm here, I'd like to thank everyone involved in this project - the developers, the testers, and even the forum moderators who have to wade through a lot of obvious questions.  I did look back through the forum and the wiki, but could not find an answer to this question anywhere.
tekko

Re: Is it possible to delete data once the share limit reached?

Post by tekko »

I don't see it being possible right now.

My suggestion is setting qbt to pause the torrents upon reaching the share ratio. Those torrents would be stopped in a "completed" state. Just manually delete those torrents with a "completed" state once in awhile, along with the contents...
Last edited by tekko on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctflora

Re: Is it possible to delete data once the share limit reached?

Post by ctflora »

Thanks for the reply!  And yeah, that's what I'm doing now, was just hoping for something a little more automatic.  I'll check the github wishlist to see if anyone has already requested this or add it myself.

Thanks!