Bencoding error when downloading torrent via RSS feed

Linux specific questions, problems.
drbergie

Bencoding error when downloading torrent via RSS feed

Post by drbergie »

I've noticed my qbittorrent RSS download stopped working after one of the updates.  After some investigation I found that when I try and download a torrent manually via the RSS feed (double click the item) I get the error message:  "Failed to load the torrent: unexpected end of file in bencoded string".  What I find strange is that when I download the same torrent from the RSS feed using the browser, and give that torrent to qbittorrent, it all works fine.  (The execution log doesn't mention anything about the bencoding failure.) This seems to happen with all the torrents on my tracker's site.

Using the RSS torrent link with "open URL" gives the same error.

The tracker is password protected, and I have set the 'uid' and 'pass' fileds for the feed under "Manage cookies", matching my browser's working values.

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 with qBittorrent version 3.3.1

Any ideas to fix this problem would be appreciated.
postcd

Re: Bencoding error when downloading torrent via RSS feed

Post by postcd »

I would try different torrents from same server/source/domain. Maybe these will work, maybe not. When opening the URL, it should contain links of .torrent files or maybe magnet. Otherwise qbt can not do anything.
You may try contacting the server/domain owner who supply the torrent that may be erroneous and ask them if they can reproduce it with the same file.