3.3.6 often becomes unresponsive during high speed transfers.

Windows specific questions, problems.
Hiratasuka

Re: 3.3.6 often becomes unresponsive during high speed transfers.

Post by Hiratasuka »

Nemo wrote:
Hello.

Where can I download the 64 bit version of qBitorrent for Windows?

Regards.
Main topic: https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topic,1645.0.html
Releases: https://github.com/Gelmir/qBittorrent/releases
Thanks, I'm trying it out and so far no I/O errors or unresponsive problems while uploading at 150 Mbps+ :)
With the 32 bit version, the errors would start popping up long ago.

I'll continue using it and report if anything goes wrong :)
Last edited by Hiratasuka on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

How much ram is qBT 64bit using when you're uploading at 150 Mbps+?
Hiratasuka

Post by Hiratasuka »

[quote="Switeck"]
How much ram is qBT 64bit using when you're uploading at 150 Mbps+?
[/quote]

It really depends as it varies a lot (even when the upload speed is more or less the same).

I've seen a maximum of 2.8GB (at 210Mbps +/-). Right now, it's uploading at 120Mbps and 1.53GB of RAM is being used by the process.

Overall I'm very satisfied, no problems whatsoever. Today (since 09h WEST), I've uploaded 725GB and counting. It would be impossible to do that with the x86 version, as it would start with the I/O errors as soon as 100/120Mbps upload speed was achieved, and then the client would stop responding and crash.

I don't understand why they don't openly advice all users to use the x64 version, and it's so much better.

Regards.
Last edited by Hiratasuka on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gspbeetle

Post by gspbeetle »

x64 is "unofficial" they say, no idea what does that means.

I have a much lower transfer rate (10-15Mibps) with around 2000 seeding tasks, usually 200 active, but the average ram usage is similar (1.2Gb - 1.5Gb).

But I have to use x64 too, not really qb's fault but its the limitation of x86...

I remember that when Win10 anniversary update was released, qb can cause a huge memory leak, but that was due to Killer's faulty networking drivers.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

[quote="gspbeetle"]
x64 is "unofficial" they say, no idea what does that means.
[/quote]

At the beginning when 64bit wasn't that popular 32bit was the main target for most users which was fine. Our maintainer sledgehammer was/is always providing the official 32bit version, 64bit was ''unofficial'' at that moment only needed for some users (64bit topic started in 2012). The name remained ''unofficial'' while its official and just as stable as the ''official'' release in my eye. A big plus when using it in combination with fast internet and high number of torrents.