qBittorrent using "system Interrupts" CPU in Windows 10

Windows specific questions, problems.
XSnPX

qBittorrent using "system Interrupts" CPU in Windows 10

Post by XSnPX »

Hi to all,

I am a little stuck to how to fix this CPU usage with qBittoreent.  I have looked in many areas how to fix this before posting here... Most common answers are faulty or outdated drivers, so I checked all and updated ALL drivers with the same error, restroed to original drivers and same problem.

When I exit qBittorrent - "system interrupts" start to increase and after a couple of days will use 30%+ of my CPU making my system run a little slower.

Can anyone help me get rid of this problem or help in anyway?

I am a very heavy user - I have in excess of 1000 torrents running at all times - maybe I can do something in the settings for such amounts of torrents?

Any help much appreciated.

Ben
Switeck

Re: qBittorrent using "system Interrupts" CPU in Windows 10

Post by Switeck »

If you've exited qBitTorrent and the problem occurs...qBitTorrent is not to blame.

A faulty software firewall might be intercepting "leftover" traffic of incoming peers/seeds still trying to (re?)connect to your exited qBitTorrent...and be handling that very poorly.
It could even be malware that's routing network traffic through itself.
XSnPX

Post by XSnPX »

Hi there,

Thank you for the prompt answer - however "system Interrupts" goes away when qBittorrent exits and does not appear again until it is opened again.  As time progresses, system interrupts increases in its CPU use.

I dont want to blame qBittorrent - but eliminating other programs too, system interrupts only stops once qBittorrnent exits.

I will try to disable windows firewall if this helps in anyway.

Ben
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

1.Have you tried lowering qBT's max connections (global and per torrent) and half open rate temporarily to very low values to see if that helps any?
2.Is DHT and LPD enabled?
3.Are you using a proxy, VPN, IPv6, or Teredo?
XSnPX

Post by XSnPX »

Hi, thanks for your continued assistance.

1.Have you tried lowering qBT's max connections (global and per torrent) and half open rate temporarily to very low values to see if that helps any?
I currently have everything on MAX - 2000- 500 -2000 - 500.  With 1200 torrents seeding on same tracker - 300Mb symetric line - what recommended connections would you advise? thx
2.Is DHT and LPD enabled? All Disabled
3.Are you using a proxy, VPN, IPv6, or Teredo? no

Thx

Ben
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

[quote="XSnPX"]1.Have you tried lowering qBT's max connections (global and per torrent) and half open rate temporarily to very low values to see if that helps any?
I currently have everything on MAX - 2000- 500 -2000 - 500.  With 1200 torrents seeding on same tracker - 300Mb symetric line - what recommended connections would you advise? thx[/quote]Try this:
2000 global max connections,
100 max connections per torrent,
2000 global upload slots,
100 upload slots per torrent,
20 half open connection max.

You're not likely to gain anything from more than 100 connections per torrent or 20 half open connections max, but it should let you upload a little faster.
turtlmac

Post by turtlmac »

Are you using Anti-virus programs ?
In my case, 'Bitdefender Internet Security 2016' was the problem.
XSnPX

Post by XSnPX »

Hi:
@Switek;  Thank you for the recommendations - i have been testing it all week but still the same happens with "SI" using after a couple of days 40%+ of CPU until I exit qBittorrent.

@turtlmac;  I run with ESET Anti-Virus - have not tried to uninstall it yet but might give it a go.

Will report back later and thank you for the help

Ben
XSnPX

Post by XSnPX »

Hi all,

Well interestingly, I uninstalled ESET NOD32 antivirus to see if this was the cause of the high CPU usage, but this was not the case and qBittorrent was still associating with "system interrupts".  I tried ending task on other programs and services and it was still a problem...

However, yesterday, windows 10 had a massive feature update - update took at least 90 minutes to perform (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607) and after 24 hours of usage - nothing different "system Interrupts" not using any CPU for now - hopefully this update has solved the problem and I will be seeing the nest few days how it goes.

Thx to all who have helped and I hope this update will help others with a similar problem.

Ben