Can't get finished downloads to move correctly

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
anirbas

Can't get finished downloads to move correctly

Post by anirbas »

Hello, I am coming from using UTorrent for years, but qB was recommended to me as being better.  So far I like it, except for one very frustrating problem.

I cannot seem to set a folder for finished downloads to go to.  I don't even see any such option, though maybe that is just an issue with the way the settings are labeled.  I have checked the documentation also but it was of no help.

There is a "Default Save Path" but I can't figure out what that is actually for.  It seems to do nothing.  Then there is "Keep incomplete torrents in..." which seems self explanatory and appears to work correctly - Torrents are automatically loaded from the "Automatically load torrents from" folder, and the downloads are in the "incomplete" location until they finish.

But that's where I run into troible.  When a download is completed, it either does not get moved at all and stays in the Incomplete folder, or sometimes it has moved itself to my system Downloads folder at ~/Downloads, which is definitely not what I want as I have a separate external drive where my torrent downloads should go when complete.

How do I get this behavior to work properly?  Thank you.
Caffeine479

Re: Can't get finished downloads to move correctly

Post by Caffeine479 »

Hello anirbas. I have been using qBittorrent on Mac for a while now and I have it setup to save completed files to my /downloads folder and incomplete files in the /downloads/temp folder.
The "Default Save path" is where I put /downloads and that is basically where completed downloads go.
I have been having problems with my qBittorrent freezing on me, but then updating the top bar of download/upload speed in realtime, so I'm not completely sure if the Mac port of qBittorrent is completely stable.
I have just tested it in a new directory (/downloads/c-torrents) and it worked perfectly fine. So I think what you were looking for as Completed downloads folder is just the Default Save Path.