New to the forum but very curious

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
pfudnut

New to the forum but very curious

Post by pfudnut »

I see few, if any, replies posted to questions. If there are no replies, what is the purpose of this forum? I need help, searched my topic, got maybe a dozen responses to questions similar to mine but no replies! Some of the questions are almost a year old and still not reply? I've been around the forum scene for 20+ years and I've never seen on with no replies or offers to help. Just curious.
fusk

Re: New to the forum but very curious

Post by fusk »

Don't think the forum has a lot of regular users, yet. Think it's mostly devs hanging around and i don't really think they've get a lot of time to be answering questions that could easily be answered by a pleb. It's a small community, by the looks of it (forum stats) it is growing, but it will take time. But i have not noticed that threads go unanswered for a longer period of time.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Fusk is right, to add some to it;

We are still a growing community. There are more random guests visiting the forum than registered users as you can see at the main forum page.

We, the mods, the community are all here in our free time, we don't get paid to help everyone here. Most of us go to our daily work and visit here when we got time. Its not our full time job to hang around here and answer everything immediatly.

We are here because we like qBittorrent and like to help each other out when/if possible. Therefore it could take a while till you get a reply. Or even not at all how weird that might sound be. Why? We can overlook topics, we are not with enough numbers, we don't have free time, private life and so on you name it. If I can give an example from myself I just moved to my new house so I don't have that much time at the moment. At some point I will be having more time certainly.

For more technical questions you can visit our Github page where our devs can answer eventually.

Now im curious..

Whats your point? Whats your question or problem? Or just opened this topic for being curious? Why opened specificly in the Windows section? Just wondering. If no reason at all I can close this topic.
Last edited by Nemo on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

For complex problems/bugs, few people even use all the features in qBitTorrent.

So most posters are extremely unlikely to reply they don't have a problem, since their conditions are different.

Some problems get traced back to 3rd party software, such as software firewalls that cripple qBT's ability to connect to the internet...or antivirus software that tries to auto-scan files while they're being downloaded, which might remotely cause access violations.

Many times, "qBitTorrent used to work correctly." ...but now it doesn't.
...and that's about all the information we get for troubleshooting it! :(
cezri

Post by cezri »

Forum is good.  :)
Gew

Post by Gew »

Also, one may be interested in just chatting.
Problem-solving might be a side-path in this.
Love life.
Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk »

I'm new here, but I will try to help with what I can  ;D
Demonocracy

Post by Demonocracy »

Lets start forming the community then ;) I'll see if I can be of any help too