Moving over 7000 torrents from Windows QBT to Linux QBT

Linux specific questions, problems.
overtime

Moving over 7000 torrents from Windows QBT to Linux QBT

Post by overtime »

Hey, everyone.
As the title states, I can no longer use a NAS connection to handle all of my torrents, so I'll be putting the QBT-nox client on the file server itself. So essentially, I'll be going from Windows to Linux.

I was hoping all I would have to do is change all of the path references in the fastresume files and hopefully it would pick it right up, but.... That's not the case. I've fixed all of the windows paths to be the correct Linux on ones, but for some reason it isn't finding the fastresume file. Is there another step here that I'm missing? To be quite frank I am doing this because I have ten or so scripts that use the api, and all of the torrents data is in about forty different folders.
JuniorBR

Re: Moving over 7000 torrents from Windows QBT to Linux QBT

Post by JuniorBR »

Hi, maybe you already solved it.

I had the same problem, but it was from Linux to Linux, but it is the same thing.

I believe you cannot edit those files like this, I have tried it too. For what I have seen, it has more information, for example, before the string with the path there is a number that I believe that is the size of the string and it will probably change if you change the path, so you are corrupting the file.

The way I solved was:
I copied all the torrents from one machine to another to the path got changed, I copied all the files inside BT_Backup folder from one to another the on opening qBittorrent it loaded all torrents but their status was missing files.

Then I enabled the column "save path" and sorted my torrents with that, then I can select all the torrents on the same path and click on set location and change them all to the new location, I had a lot of torrents on 7 locations, I did it on less them 5 minutes. after setting the new location you have to force recheck on all of them, don't restart the client before all done or you will lose it.