Looking for advanced feature or scripted solution.

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Caffeine479

Looking for advanced feature or scripted solution.

Post by Caffeine479 »

Hello qBittorrent community.
I have a pretty stable routine with my torrents. I download and seed them on my low-energy laptop computer, and then I transfer them to my NAS, and qBittorrent loses them. I only have a 1TB hard drive on my laptop, and coincidentally I also have a 1TB monthly data cap. But my downloads from years of using qBittorrent far exceed the 1TB that my laptop can hold.

What I am really looking for is something really smart like the scanning that Plex does, where I can add multiple save directories for torrents, or otherwise have qBittorrent accept the directories that I put completed downloads in and continue to seed them.
I imagine for an advanced user, there should be an ability to tweak this to your needs. Does this sound possible? Maybe there is an addon or fork of the project, or otherwise a script that might be able to extend qBittorrent.

My download collections are well organized in many different folders depending on the meta of the files, and I simply cannot lump them all into one single completed downloads folder.

Can anyone think of a solution? I imagine this would be a really popular feature. If not qBittorrent, are there any other torrent clients (for Mac, Windows, or Linux) that do have this feature?

Thanks for reading!