downloading but invisible no matter what category I click on

Windows specific questions, problems.
Arby

downloading but invisible no matter what category I click on

Post by Arby »

The last discussion for this was 120 days ago, ergo...

I see one file downloading in categories 'All', 'downloading', 'resumed', 'active' and yet no file is visible. I have been dealing with this weird issue, which is sometimes there and sometimes not. Sometimes I can fix it just by clicking on the 'right' category, having no clue why that is 'right'. I mean, It's English. It just doesn't make sense. I usually have no patience for it (I'm busy) and uninstall and re-install but that often doesn't work, to my amazement.

I'm not a Toshiba Satellite operating windows 7 professional on a 64 bit system.

What am I missing? Please and thank you.

*edit - I see that I had too quickly typed something into a field/box that wasn't the search. Why that should gum everything up, I have no idea. When I deleted that, my downloading file appeared! Also, I don't get why, no matter how many boxes I check to try to make my new installs genuinely new, my pc seems to simply recreate the version qb I just uninstalled! Right now, I can't even get it to connect to the internet. Actually, This thing is qwerky as heck. It does so many weird things, I can't keep up.

I also keep getting this message when I re-install my qbittorrent program (from Foss Hub):

== =
Error opening file for writing:
C:\Program Files\qBittorrent\qbittorrent.exe
Click on Abort to stop the installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file.
= ==

The first time, I got nowhere and had to cancel. The next two times I re-installed, I could install the program but it's dead in the water.
Last edited by Arby on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arby

Re: downloading but invisible no matter what category I click on

Post by Arby »

Don't all answer at once.

In fact, Don't answer at all. I downloaded and installed Revo uninstaller and managed to completely uninstall qb. The re-install after that gave me something I could use. I don't know what the problem was. I only know that I can now use the program.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

People didn't answer because the cause was too obscure to guess.
What I would've suggested was uninstalling and reinstalling, but you had already done that and it failed!

The drive you're saving on might be failing...and it could be hit-or-miss whether it will work.
spooky2ooth

Post by spooky2ooth »

Not quite as obscure as one might think. I just decided to try this client out after using another for a while and it was just humming along with no problems. Then on the ninth download I got an invisible one. I thought download link had gotten corrupted at first but when I looked at the column on the left the count indicated it was there, just invisible. It was also indicated to be there in the download speedometer. The download is also showing up in my download folder so... Of course I see how it was fixed and I'll try the same thing and hope it works. But I guess I can live with invisible downloads just so they're not invisible when I try to access them. For the record, I haven't typed anything anywhere, just clicked on a button to begin the download. I guess this will have to happen to someone with a lot more expertise than myself to ever get an answer to this one.