reseed moved and renamed files

Windows specific questions, problems.
fakerismydad

reseed moved and renamed files

Post by fakerismydad »

It seems like its been an issue for years and i cant find a solution. Probably there is one im missing but still i have too ask for it. Recently i changed to qbt from u torrent and a key feature of seeding is missing.
There is no option to relocate files in a torrent that u already own and u want to reseed but they are in defferent locations and renamed. For example, if there is a torrent that contains the files: f1, f2, f3 and u have downloaded them then deleted the torrent and renamed them to e1, e2, e3 while moving them to other random locations in your pc. When u decide to reseed them in utorrent u can assign manually every file ex: f1 to e1
and then after the recheck it starts seeding without renaming e1 to f1. But in qbt in order to reseed, your files are needed to be is the same folder. If u know a solution please share it!
Thank you in advance.
tagslc

Re: reseed moved and renamed files

Post by tagslc »

iirc u go to "File>Add Torrent File, then "set location" and point to where the content files are.

Its been awhile since I did this. I hope this gets u started in the right direction.

If u have the URI file it is simple. u can add the torrent to qb and set location to where content files are at present.
Then qb will perform a check before downloading the torrent again. Once the check is completed then qb begins seeding the torrent again.

HTH,

Troy
theOryol

Re: reseed moved and renamed files

Post by theOryol »

I tried this but all it did was start re-downloading the "missing" files. There doesn't seem to be a way to select specific files for it to check.
Any ideas?