Disable scraping of paused torrents

Other platforms, generic questions.
deeplydisturbed

Disable scraping of paused torrents

Post by deeplydisturbed »

How do I disable scraping of paused torrents? Or am I going to have to delete all my torrents and only add them once I'm about to download ...
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Disable scraping of paused torrents

Post by Nemo »

Why? Is the first thing that comes up to my mind :P, mainly im adding torrents only when im gonna download them right away but sometimes (rare lol) I have few paused like you waiting to download. I think you can't stop scraping but wait till someone maybe clears it up for you to be sure :) as im not having problems with it and never investigated about it.
deeplydisturbed

For me, it's normal to have around 100 or more torrents stopped (not just paused), with maybe 20 uploading, and 5 or so downloading. I don't store torrents, I just add them and download later, be it 1 day or 1 month later. A good overview of all the torrents, what files they contain, and trackers used.

I just switched from ?Torrent maybe one or two weeks ago. ?Torrent isn't open source, it's influenced by BitTorrent Inc, and they've been adding a lot of bullshit. I used to use version 2.2.1, but then switched back to version 1.6.1 again, and then finally got fed up and switched to qbittorrent. And it is showing promise! I just don't trust ?Torrent anymore ... free open source software FTW.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Well done and welcome onboard ;). If you need help we will do our best to help anytime.
loki

Post by loki »

I'm not sure I understand why it's a problem, but you can add torrents in paused state... is that what you needed?

Paused (or stopped) torrents don't scrape the tracker as far as I know.

Also, in case you didn't know, paused means same as stop in qB.
Last edited by loki on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
deeplydisturbed

Are you sure? Even in paused state the torrents still show the number of seeds and peers, even if it was added in paused stated and not "started" even once.
loki

Post by loki »

Um, it doesn't for me... added (well known, well seeded) torrent paused and it shows 0,0.
I guess the only way to know for sure would be to profile it with wireshark or something.