DHT not functionning with magnet link

Linux specific questions, problems.
rimZZai

DHT not functionning with magnet link

Post by rimZZai »

Hi everyone,

Impossible to download some magnet link...

I have qbittorent 2.8.4 on a ubuntu 11.10 machine
I have bitcomet 1.2.9 on a vista machine

Everything's fine since the lights are all green (ports tcp & udp open in router, connection online, etc.) and I can download any other torrent, but no magnet link...

It seems the DHT doesnt work with magnet link on both machine...

I have read here in this forum http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topi ... 82#msg1482 this is because of the DNS and try to use google public dns as explained here (try it on linux only) :
https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... docs/using

but didnt work anyway...

if anybody has a solution...

many thx :)
Last edited by rimZZai on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rimZZai

Re: DHT not functionning with magnet link

Post by rimZZai »

come on... nobody with the same prbl :D ?

more precisely :

the tracker
Pex is working
Lsd is working
DHT is disabled and so the file is stalled... and this only with magnet link and dont know why...

but in tools... options... DHT is enabled... and I have > 50 or whatever nodes...

this is a tiny disappointing since the magnet link era is raising...

thx for help !
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Only with this magnet link or with all magnet links?
DHT is always disabled for private torrents.
rimZZai

Post by rimZZai »

all magnet link !!
whatever the search engines I use...
if the file is popular or not...

I've just tried to download a file :
as a torrent : it start normally in 2 second
as a magnet link : it is stalled indefinitely !!!
Last edited by rimZZai on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

It sounds like a file, from Thepiratebay for example.
Some stupid people tend to create PRIVATE torrents (for a public tracker), and upload it there.

Which means, DHT _will_ be disabled, and only trackers can be used. But ever since they changed to magnet links, you just can't connect to such torrents, hence DHT is disabled, you won't be able to download the .torrent file itself. So the download won't start at all.
rimZZai

Post by rimZZai »

thx for your posts !

what seems strange to me is that I have the prbl even with server like btdigg which proposes only magnet links...
and a lot of them are very popular (and non private)...
rimZZai

Post by rimZZai »

dont know if it is related to my bug, but why is qbittorrent listening to that ports 37962, 39527, etc. ??

sudo netstat -nlp | grep qbittorrent
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6881            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      10685/qbittorrent
tcp6      0      0 :::6881                :::*                    LISTEN      10685/qbittorrent
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:37962        0.0.0.0:*                          10685/qbittorrent
udp        0      0 192.168.1.5:39527      0.0.0.0:*                          10685/qbittorrent
udp        0      0 192.168.1.5:6771      0.0.0.0:*                          10685/qbittorrent
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:6771          0.0.0.0:*                          10685/qbittorrent
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6771            0.0.0.0:*                          10685/qbittorrent
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:57474          0.0.0.0:*                          10685/qbittorrent
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6881            0.0.0.0:*                          10685/qbittorrent
rimZZai

Post by rimZZai »

okay here is a solution if anyone needs :

in tools options bittorrent privacy :
enable "use a different port for dht and bittorrent"
restart
even if it is the same port it'll work
Last edited by rimZZai on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sergz

Post by sergz »

[quote="rimZZai"]
okay here is a solution if anyone needs :

in tools options bittorrent privacy :
enable "use a different port for dht and bittorrent"
restart
even if it is the same port it'll work
[/quote]

Confirm that this is a solution for stalled torrents obtained from magnet links.
I've often saw "stalled" torrents with qbittorrent when downloading from thepiratebay.
qbittorrent 3.0.0 windows
sergz

Post by sergz »

[quote="sergz"]
Confirm that this is a solution for stalled torrents obtained from magnet links.[/quote]
Well, I was wrong about this.
Enabling different ports actually has nothing to do with this issue, it's restarting that forced client to recheck peers list or something like this.

I assume it's a bug, found thread about it also: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/80
loki

Post by loki »

As consequence this somehow breaks udp trackers too, if DHT is 0 nodes... as it is when it runs for a while with no active torrents, udp trackers never connect. Restart program, same udp tracker works straight away.