qbittorrent on lubuntu

Linux specific questions, problems.
fridgey

qbittorrent on lubuntu

Post by fridgey »

So at this recent update cycle I decided to switch from ubuntu to lubuntu (the migration to unity has left my computer behind, didn't make much sense to keep using compatibility modes for everything) and it's introduced a bit of a problem with qb.  I'm not sure where the issue originates, but qb no longer creates the "unwanted files" folder for things I choose not to download in a torrent... anything qb has to partially grab just winds up sitting in the main folder with the "real" complete files.  They also then aren't removed on a 'soft' delete, I assume because qb goes looking for that unwanted files folder and doesn't find them.  I tried the "append .!qb to incomplete files" option or whatever it is, as well as storing incomplete files in a different location, but both still led to the same result.  I download a lot of partial torrents, and unless I can figure this out it's probably going to be an app killer for me :-\.  Anyone have any ideas?
pragmaticenigma

Re: qbittorrent on lubuntu

Post by pragmaticenigma »

You might want to try the PPA version of qBitorrent.  I find the Ubuntu maintained qBittorrent is sometimes missing key features.  Currently running 2.9.9 I have unchecked parts of torrents to avoid downloading files I do not want and have not noticed unwanted file fragments in the download folder.