Upload decreases Download

Linux specific questions, problems.
cinkow11

Upload decreases Download

Post by cinkow11 »

I have a big problem. My network is download ~600 kBps upload ~70 kBps. When i have high level upload ~50-60 kBps, my download decreses to 50 kBps. If I limit upload my download increse. I don't have this problem ealier. When I used utorrent or any different program to torrent i don't have this problem. I want upload so much but i can't. Please short and easy to understand help. ( Sory for my English)
Last edited by cinkow11 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: Upload decreases Download

Post by loki »

Very common problem with those new to setting upload/download limits... upload much more important to set a limit about 90% maximum speed based from an actual speed test, not necessarily what your ISP says you get. Try this http://torrentfreak.com/calculate-your- ... -settings/
The way I understand it and what's actually going on is you're maxing out your connection on the upload not allowing any room for packet ack's so the other peers don't "see" that you got the packet and your computer automatically slows down connection speed until it once again is able to deliver the ack's. (TCP connections)
cinkow11

Post by cinkow11 »

I understand all TCP connections. But in my case when i have half upload transfer my download decrease 150 kBps. I think it is to much... I had the best download when i have 10-15% upload transfer.. I will try your site. Mayby it helps. And tell me why now this problem is happend? I don't have it earlier (i used this network 2 years).
loki

Post by loki »

Different port? Does your ISP limit bittorrent traffic?

Another thing you may look at is number of active connections, that site will give you suggestions for that setting too.