Delete .torrent upon data delete + Active Section + Other

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
qbitfatal

Delete .torrent upon data delete + Active Section + Other

Post by qbitfatal »

Hello everyone,

New user to qbittorrent and I love that it's a secure, fast and light program.
These are my suggestions, if possible,

1) The option to delete .torrent when deleting data, as this helps in keeping a parallel between files and .torrent. Tidy and meaningful.

2) I don't understand why the Active section includes torrents that have no activity. Yes, it might be active but there is no upload or download occurring, can this not be altered or show only ones with up or down movement?

Thank you for the wonderful torrent software, I wish you all a good day to come.
vanmat

Re: Delete .torrent upon data delete + Active Section + Other

Post by vanmat »

qbitfatal wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:59 am The option to delete .torrent when deleting data, as this helps in keeping a parallel between files and .torrent. Tidy and meaningful.
I'm assuming you're using the "copy .torrent files to" option in the download section of options?

Yes it's very odd that qbittorrent doesn't delete the .torrent file, other than in app data where the files have been renamed by hash number, when deleting data. Major pita.
SpirituS

Re: Delete .torrent upon data delete + Active Section + Other

Post by SpirituS »

I want to join the request to remove .torrent along with base data. Perhaps it makes sense to make a menu as in µTorrent with a choice of what to delete: .torrent or .torrent with data or data only. Thanks!