debian + qbt 2.9.8 torrents aren't removed

Linux specific questions, problems.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

debian + qbt 2.9.8 torrents aren't removed

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Does anyone experience this?

If I remove a torrent, quit qbt and start qbt again the torrent I removed is still there. Even when I choose to "delete the files on the hard disk" it doesn't delete them.

I use Debian Sid/unstable 64bit. System partition is ext4 and the files are downloaded to a NTFS partitioned disk. Qbt is 2.9.8 and uses libtorrent 0.15.10.

As a sidenote I did a personal build of qbt 3.0.0rc5+libtorrent 0.16.2svn+boost1.50 and the same problem persists.

Do you guys get it too?
interf@ce

Re: debian + qbt 2.9.8 torrents aren't removed

Post by interf@ce »

I'm quite sure this has nothing to do with qbittorrent itself. I think you have a problem with deleting privileges on the ntfs partition.
Make sure you have mounted it correctly with writing permissions. And i think it's not a good idea to download them directly to a ntfs partition. Better copy them after downloading. Because NTFS partitions are always a bit of a pain when it comes to permissions.
Can you look into the qbittorrent log to see what error you are getting?
Hope i could help

Greeting
Last edited by interf@ce on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: debian + qbt 2.9.8 torrents aren't removed

Post by loki »

It's a thought but the torrent info/settings would be located on the system partition so, wouldn't be affected by permissions of ntfs...?
And it seems logical if the torrent files were created (downloaded) by the program it should have same permissions to be able to delete also?

Sorry if my suggestions are both questions, I just don't know enough to say definitively.