Torrents Suddenly Stopped Connecting

Windows specific questions, problems.
BazzFLL

Torrents Suddenly Stopped Connecting

Post by BazzFLL »

Help! About a month ago, my bittorrent client, QBitTorrent, stopped downloading any & all data from torrents that I requested it to. No metadata, or anything else; new torrents would go right to "stalled", & if I forced resume it would just indicate "downloading", but since it had no metadata, it would just sit like that indefinitely.
I tried uninstalling & reinstalling QBitTorrent & also, reluctantly, trying uTorrentWeb, to no avail - they both suffered the same problem, no matter what I tried. I did notice that both clients had TWO lines each allowing communication through the Windows Defender firewall...QBT had one line allowing only private networks, & one line for only public. uTorrentWeb had all boxes checked; one line for "UDP-In", & one line for "TCP-In".
I always use a VPN before attempting any bittorrent operations. I also noticed that my DNS server had switched back to my ISP from the one that I had previously selected, 1.1.1.1 without my knowlege or input, making me suspicious of my ISP.
Due to the sensitive nature of the subject matter, I am very hesitant to reach out to my normal resources for support. I am desperately hoping that my colleagues in the BitTorrent community can help me...
BazzFLL

Re: Torrents Suddenly Stopped Connecting

Post by BazzFLL »

I uninstalled ver. 4.3.9, and reverted back to 4.3.6, and - SUCCESS!!! All is working again, with no freezing or any other issues so far. WHEW!!!
BazzFLL

Post by BazzFLL »

Bad news - when I went back to download more torrents, the problem resumed. I uninstalled ver. 4.3.6, & tried reverting to 4.3.1, & no change. WE NEED A FUNCTIONING BITTORRENT CLIENT FOR WINDOWS 10 & 11 64-BIT !!! Any suggestions, anyone?
shadowed

Post by shadowed »

Utorrent works at least in 64bit winodws 11. What I had to go back to since I am having the same issues.
BazzFLL

Post by BazzFLL »

thanks! I did something similar, by going back to the original bit torrent client, which, although unstable, has enabled me to download the torrents that I need. I think we are doing the same thing, in effect.
BazzFLL

Post by BazzFLL »

Just a quick update that BitTorrent ver. 7.10.05 64-bit has been working for me reliably so far...F.Y.I...