More options for logging?

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
dementiaxx

More options for logging?

Post by dementiaxx »

Hello! I wanted there to be an option for logging search engine 'searches', not the results but just whatever keywords or search terms I inputted during my session. In the options menu there isn't many options to what you can see in the log, only to turn log on or off. I'm not sure if there is a more detailed logging for troubleshooting. I did find the folder where it is installed but I wouldn't know what to do, or if what I want is possible by messing with some type of config file. Also found one .txt file in the logs folder, from last session.

I often have to reset my computer and save all tabs to clear everything like my graphics card for playing a game or after installing an app, and sometimes I forget and do it despite that I leave open a few qbittorent searches going during this time, without having started any particular downloads. It really bothers me when I close and forget what I had searched before and since I didn't begin any downloads, I lose this bit of information. Sometimes I'm doing so many things at once that it's hard to remember everything I was searching for at once.

want to be able to document the search terms I've entered in case I've searched and only found a topic that references starting in debug mode for more info. It promises that in this mode there is more technical data, but I don't know how to access that or if it includes what I need, which is more user-level stuff. Overall, everything works great at what it's supposed to do, but I feel the only thing I need is a more thorough log, I think both for troubleshooting is needed in some cases and in some for user stuff, like searches I made during my session.

I just think that would be useful, and nowadays it's usually not acceptable to lose data. I love features like 'restore pages', because even with a battery backup, stuff happens. For me and qbittorrent, I always happen to it because I forget it's there in the background and I reset my pc and yeah...I was just about to download that, uhh what was it again?

The search only came up with this topic. viewtopic.php?p=35996&hilit=logging#p35996

Thanks in advance for any replies, and sorry if this is in the wrong section and let me know if there is any feature already built in that I'm able to use.