Stalled Uploads

Other platforms, generic questions.
JonJoe

Stalled Uploads

Post by JonJoe »

Hey everyone,

I have noticed this is a recurring question without necessarily a universal answer, but, I have a series of torrents that all end up in Stalled Uploads territory even when I seem to notice leechers waiting for a seed.
Is there something I can do to make these torrents upload more consistently?

I am on a Windows10 OS, using qBitorrent v4.3.9, with peer connection protocol TCP and uTP, no connection limits, no Torrent Queueing.
Switeck

Re: Stalled Uploads

Post by Switeck »

Are there connected peers that remain connected for over a minute at a time on your stalled torrents?

Dead peers may appear to connect for about 1-15 seconds before qBitTorrent gives up on them, because they're really only half-open connections.
JonJoe

Post by JonJoe »

Yes, I think they do.

I managed to get a few of them working again by putting them all on Force Resume (if I don't they'll just end up stalled again).

Oddly enough it's easier for me to upload torrents were there's multiple other seeders than when I'm the only seed; which are the ones I'd rather be seeding upwards but the leechers don't seem to connect to my end.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

That is indeed odd that you have an easier time seeding on multiple-seed torrents as opposed to when yours is the only seed.

qBitTorrent's torrent queuing does indeed seem dodgy. Try disabling it entirely.
rafi

Post by rafi »

I wouldn't count out a bug where the client is periodically "cycling" through his one-seed "list" and disconnects-reconnects every cycle... :-*