Delete .torrent files when deleting torrent option?

Windows specific questions, problems.
AtmaDarkwolf

Post by AtmaDarkwolf »

Yes I know I can manually delete them, yes I also know I can have it set to autodelete when complete, this is not the issue.

What I am looking for is the option to keep the .torrent files around (when needing to transfer said torrent to another device and seed, to recover torrents when harddrive fails, etc) but when I am done with torrent(after seeding it beyond 1:x ratio) and want to delete the torrent (and all files) where is the option to 'also' delete the torrent file.

Reason is an issue is when recovering torrents after crash its easy to just load the torrents from my .torrent folder (This way I don't lose out any I missed and end up with massive HnR) and old utorrent (2.2.1) has the option. I am trying to find said option in qbittorrent but I cannot locate it, can anyone point me to what I should look for.

Must clarify again because I have seen this issue in the last hour from years back, I WANT to keep the torrent file around as long as I am seeding/using/etc said torrent file, so the option to not 'copy' torrent files (which deletes the .torrent the second the download is finished) is a no go.
neonemek

Post by neonemek »

Hello, I also want to know how to delete the .Torrent file when I use delete icon in the menu shell from qBittorrent.
As the user @AtmaDarkwolf I also use the option to save the .Torrent file in a folder called "Completed Torrent Files" I have done it this way for years that I used another Torrent client but I want to use qBittorrent from now on because it seems to me to be better software.
I know what option to check so that qBitorrent automatically saves the .Torrent file in a specific location, but I don't know what option to use or how to configure qBittorrent so that it deletes the downloaded data and also the .Torrent file so that I don't have to delete it. .Torrent file manually.

Why do I want it done like this? Well, because I like to store the .Torrent files as a backup and if I format the PC I just have to save the qBittorrent configuration next to my .Torrents folder and then recover the .Torrents that I was sharing before formatting the PC.

Can someone explain to us what option to configure or how to delete the file along with the data. Torrent? Thanks and regards.