90% of Torrents have gone missing out of torrent list

Windows specific questions, problems.
BogBeast

90% of Torrents have gone missing out of torrent list

Post by BogBeast »

Hello

I am seeding a large number of torrents. I started QBTorrent a week or so ago and noted that approx 90% of has disappeared out of the list. The files are still intact and present, but the torrent entries no longer show.

I have looked in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup, and I can see a list of .fastresume and .torrent files. The number of .torrent files equates the number of torrents that used to be listed.

I am also seeing oddly names files, like 6c24b4acf86c998a7196a8541715e6c9dc9d392c.fastresume.YIuDqo

or like ea0ab87861bc8ceb46e05e28c8216c2267099a76.ICDhuc These filenames looked corrupt to me?

I am assuming this folder contains the torrents that arse used to seed.

I have tried removing/renaming the corrupt files, but QBTorrent still only show the 10%

Am I on the right track to figure of how to fix?

Any help/advice appreciated
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 90% of Torrents have gone missing out of torrent list

Post by Nemo »

Using v4.4.0?

Is it similiar like this issue?:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/15997
BogBeast

Post by BogBeast »

Similar I guess, although my missing torrents went at the same time.

It was prior to 4.4, 4.3.8 or .9 IIRC.

I updated to 4.4 and still had the issue
e1H

Post by e1H »

I just lost 300 torrents from my list this way. Because I'm manually set folders and I'm always changing the names of the downloaded folders and files, it's a work for few days to add the torrents to the list again.

Why is this happening? This is not the first time, but "normally" I always lost around 100 torrents from 800-900. For last few months the version 4.3.9 was very stable for me, no losses, but today I found the torrent client not running. I started it again and from 1070+ torrents 300 is missing. This problem is very frustrating, because I lost this way almost a thousand torrent form my client in the last 2 or 3 years, and adding them back manually is not an option.