Where does the data go?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Chaoz

Where does the data go?

Post by Chaoz »

This post is more or less just my curiosity (and, less importantly, asking for help in being able to continue downloading). So' I'm downloading a very large torrent (800GB). It's stalled. Probabil some caching problems, although I can't seem to find any cache settings in my application anywhere (other than the enable OS cache one).

It's downloading very slowly, fluctuating. RAM usage is at 98% on a 16GB machine. SSD speeds are basically 0 (downloading to HDD). The interesting part is, it's not writing to the HDD, it's reading from it. It's actually been doing so at around 60MB/s speed for around 2 hours now. I will even go to sleep and let it read more over this night. Maybe that will solve my crippling depression. Also, less than a few megabytes written this entire time. RAM usage has not dropped a byte, paging is practically disabled. 2 hours times 60MB/s is around 400GB. RAM is full, no paging, 0 write speed on both discs. Where does this data go?

I don't even care what data it is, or what's the purpose of reading it, I'm genuenly curious. Is it actually doing something or it's just stuck reading and discarding the entire contents of the hard drive over and over?
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (47.25 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (36.35 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (49.52 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Additional info: my log is filled with "performance warning: max outstanding piece requests reached". I've tried pausing and leaving it like that for an hour. It just won't stop reading my hard drive. Restarting app/pc doesn't help either. It's become my life now. I've tried checking "download in sequencial order" to try and stop it from forming the files towards the end but only after it was too late.In statistics: my read/write cache overloads are at 0%, 0MB cache but over 25 000 queued IO jobs. Why
taulen

Re: Where does the data go?

Post by taulen »

Downgrade to 4.3.9 and it will work normally again.
Just install the old version into the same folder as normal.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where does the data go?

Post by Nemo »

I have reported it here:

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... 1045000723

Feel free to join it if needed, its being looked at.