Unable to upload

Windows specific questions, problems.
Destrock

Unable to upload

Post by Destrock »

Hi, I will start by saying this link don't work https://forum.qbittorrent.org/

I have not downloaded torrents for a couple years but the last time I did everything was working fine. I don't think I'm only unlucky right now, it truly look like I can't upload anything. Look at this picture :

almost 10gb and less than 1mb uploaded
1.75gb and 2.4mb uploaded

For the 10gb file, when I started it, it was at like 3 seeders and 15 leechers. Right now it is at 15 seeders and 1 leecher only but I checked many many times during my download and I was uploading to nobody.

I tried without a VPN and with the free version of ProtonVPN, in both cases nothing was uploading.

I don't know if I touched an option I should have not, is there any way to verify if I can upload a file ?
NaranKPatel

Re: Unable to upload

Post by NaranKPatel »

Have you checked if incoming connections are being blocked? Peers won't be able to connect if your f/w on network or your system is blocking them.

Try using this tool from computer connected to ip address that has qBittorrent running, it should say the port is "Open". Basically its connecting to your ip address and port where qBittorrent us running.
e.g. https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=12345 - where "12345" is port that qBittorrent is using.

If its not open, i.e. closed or stealth, then your firewall is blocking it.
1) check firewall rules are in place to allow traffic to pass through, I would check that both udp and tcp traffic is allowed through, although qBittorrent mostly uses udp.
2) If you using plug'n'play in your firewall, check pnp nat rule exists and is forwarding connections to system running qBittorrent
3) if using vpn service (for privacy, security), check the same for its external ip address for VPN connect, otherwise it'll pretty much work the same
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unable to upload

Post by Nemo »

There are only a few leechers I see and alot of seeders. This is normal case with torrents that have so many seeders. If you're experiencing memory issues I would suggest to use v4.3.9 till the fixed libtorrent (where qBitorrent is build on) is updated.