Nic Dropping out win 11 My experiance.

Windows specific questions, problems.
Neilo

Nic Dropping out win 11 My experiance.

Post by Neilo »

Hello all,

I thought i would share my experience with Qbittorrent recently with Win11. Lets start by saying frustrating! After much time trying to diagnose the issues of my Nic simply dropping out while downloading a torrent, it turned out to the be the dreaded memory issue associated with the recent version 4.4.0 and was supposed to be fixed in 4.4.1 but still continues. I eventually moved back to 4.3.9 but the issues was still present but this time not high memory usage in 4.3.9. I've eventually went back to 4.2.5 and it has resoled the issues.

As for why this is happening, I'm still unsure? For some reason the logs for qbitt are simply not there? Even windows event log was showing nothing either and Qbittorrent appears to not crash either, juts my nic would lose connection ( very weird) If any one one can share some info on the logs that would be great.

In the mean time 4.2.5 works great. Will wait for lib torrent to be fixed for windows memory handling in 4.4.2. :)

Thanks
Gripweed107

Re: Nic Dropping out win 11 My experiance.

Post by Gripweed107 »

Have you checked whether you are using the latest drivers for your NIC and that they have been updated and/or certified to work with Win 11?
Neilo

Post by Neilo »

Yes, oh yes Been through everything. Only does it with the the above mentioned version of Qbit unfortunately. If and when i upgrade, and it starts up again i'll dig deeper into the issue. I'm fine on 4.2.5 for now.
Neilo

Post by Neilo »

Well well i figure it out. So ignore my previous posts. It ended up being router incapable of handling the internet speeds from ISP. In the garbage it goes..
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

All the issues about NIC dropping out or router problems are the same. Or bad configured client with too high numbers, or cheap/crap routers that can't handle torrent traffic.

Good you found the issue.