Resume torrents after storage went away and was restored

Other platforms, generic questions.
daehenoc

Resume torrents after storage went away and was restored

Post by daehenoc »

Hi all,

I have migrated from one computer to another, and moved my qbittorrent config to keep all my torrent history and seeding. I had two external drives that weren't plugged into the new computer, and had about 900 torrents on them.

When I started qbittorrent, those 900 torrents were marked as 'paused' and 'downloading', obviously because they weren't found when qbittorrent started up. (I have lots of other torrents that were present and have successfully started seeding.)

I've shut the computer down (Linux Ubuntu) attached the external drives, booted the computer, started qbittorrent and ... those 900 torrents are still marked as 'paused' and 'downloading'. Even with the file location restored, boo.

When I resume those torrents, they start downloading from the torrent source, even though the files are restored/present again. I have tried forcing a recheck on the torrents, but no check occurs and they are not marked as 'complete', still as 'paused/downloading'.

I do have the original .torrent files, so I can delete the torrent from qbittorrent, reload the original .torrent file and recheck, but ... there's 900 torrents!

Is there anyway of changing the status of these torrents, successfully rechecking and resuming?

Thanks!
daehenoc

Re: Resume torrents after storage went away and was restored

Post by daehenoc »

For those of you playing along at home, I used the following process to restore these torrents:
  • Removed all torrents marked as paused and downloading,
  • Worked my way through the files on the external HDDs, identifying which folder/file belonged to which torrent (I had all the original .torrent files, fortunately),
  • Did 5-10 at a time, it took a few weeks,
  • Everything is back and running, but with a new 'completed' date, oh well
I found a few things missing, or that had been updated, so my torrent library is a bit cleaner now, yay.