qBittorrent v4.4.2 slow at Re checking

Windows specific questions, problems.
chippy1

qBittorrent v4.4.2 slow at Re checking

Post by chippy1 »

Just installed qBittorrent v4.4.2 and it seems slow at rechecking so had to uninstall. Any one else think its slow
thorb

Re: qBittorrent v4.4.2 slow at Re checking

Post by thorb »

I also had issues with v4.4.2 and rechecking. Not only was it seeming to take way longer to check a single torrent than it did with v4.4.1 but the GUI completely locked up and qBittorrent was near pinning my CPU during this time. I downgraded to v4.4.1 and everything is good again.
kubbie

Post by kubbie »

I am expereincing the same behavior with v4.4.2. When I re-check an extracted file, example test.mkv it appears my qbittorent is frozen as it said not responding when I click on it, but It will eventually finish checking. I switched back to v4.4.1 and re-checked the same file and it goes by quickly like within 30-45 seconds vs v4.4.2 which takes up to 7-10 minutes.
lsh

Post by lsh »

All torrents are getting Stuck at 100% and force rechecking is taking forever. or not working
thorb

Post by thorb »

thorb wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:19 pm I also had issues with v4.4.2 and rechecking. Not only was it seeming to take way longer to check a single torrent than it did with v4.4.1 but the GUI completely locked up and qBittorrent was near pinning my CPU during this time. I downgraded to v4.4.1 and everything is good again.
This still an issue with v4.4.3.
chippy1

Post by chippy1 »

4.4.3 has gone slow again
Recluso

Post by Recluso »

Unfortunately this doesn't only happen with version 4.4.2, ALL versions that I tested here, which were from versions 4.4.x onwards, have this problem, including the most recent one, 4.4.3.
Rechecking is taking much longer than other torrent clients. The Torrent Creator function has the same problem.

Note: the slowness is very clear in large files.

chippy1

Post by chippy1 »

Recluso wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:57 am Unfortunately this doesn't only happen with version 4.4.2, ALL versions that I tested here, which were from versions 4.4.x onwards, have this problem, including the most recent one, 4.4.3.
Rechecking is taking much longer than other torrent clients. The Torrent Creator function has the same problem.

Note: the slowness is very clear in large files.

I think qbittorrent_4.4.3.1_x64 Beta was checking faster and then 4.4.3 came out and it went slow again so I have to go back to uTorrent as it checks faster, just until Qbit gets sorted out which is taking a very long time.
PriitUring

Post by PriitUring »

chippy1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:23 am I think qbittorrent_4.4.3.1_x64 Beta was checking faster and then 4.4.3 came out and it went slow again so I have to go back to uTorrent as it checks faster, just until Qbit gets sorted out which is taking a very long time.
There was never any v4.4.3.1 beta and v4.4.3 is older than v4.4.3.1, unless you found something unofficial somewhere.
kubbie wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:20 pm I switched back to v4.4.1 and re-checked the same file and it goes by quickly like within 30-45 seconds vs v4.4.2 which takes up to 7-10 minutes
thorb wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:19 pm I also had issues with v4.4.2 and rechecking. Not only was it seeming to take way longer to check a single torrent than it did with v4.4.1 but the GUI completely locked up and qBittorrent was near pinning my CPU during this time. I downgraded to v4.4.1 and everything is good again.
Because for Windows OS users the qBittorrent v4.4.2 and newer versions have very low RAM memory limit of 512 mib by default for both v1.2 and v2.0 libtorrent dependency users of qBittorrent, instead of allowing unlimited use for Windows OS to decide how much maximum of RAM usage is necessary to keep occupied by and to be temporarily allocated for qBittorrent and that's maybe the reason why rechecking can cause unresponsiveness and seem slower for some users, because CPU does extra work more often to choose what to discard or to keep cached. That's something that was mentioned in other issues in GitHub where there's higher chance for getting help and explanations than here in the forum. One example: #16043 (comment)

So please try to reproduce after increasing default RAM limit setting to be higher than 512. I keep mine at 9000 mib, kept file pool at default 5000, ~700 total torrents, using libtorrent 2.0.6+. I have 14 GB RAM, rest are default settings and I haven't noticed any slow down or unresponsiveness. If modifying RAM limit doesn't help with default libtorrent v2.0+ then maybe something else is causing issues for both of you and you should confirm if you are able to reproduce using latest official qBittorrent for Windows with v1.2+ of libtorrent?
bobapobibop

Post by bobapobibop »

I dont have the option to recheck when i right click, have looked through all menus 10 times, am also using v4.4.2 on a windows 11 pc