Where are these files qBittorrent installed on my system?

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Where are these files qBittorrent installed on my system?

Post by Fuga »

Related to this post.

I want to uninstall all remnants of v4.4.2 but apparently something(s) still on my machine.

In System Preferences>Security&Privacy there is this, which must be related/connected to something present.

And, when I boot the system I must click OK in this dialog box before It will continue to boot. Again, where is this? I have looked for it in /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions and do not see anything that seems related.

Please advise.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Where are these files qBittorrent installed on my system?

Post by Peter »

The link in the top is unfortunately not working.

About your post.. hmm. I definitely don't think qBittorrent is installing any kind of kernel extensions. Not sure how I could check this.. even the recent OS X virtual images are pretty... bad and shady. Tried the Vmware patchers and stuff but those don't work right either. :/ I'd love to investigate... just wish I had a spare 1000$+ money to burn on a mac lol.

Feel free to make a ticket about this on Github but I have big big doubts that this is not related to qBittorrent like at all.
When I installed a not-so-old version on a VM when I finally cobbled something together, I was able to install/uninstall/mess around freely without issues.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

Thanks, Peter. The first loads fine for me. Nevertheless here's another one.

As for the extension. As I said in another post I couldn't find one anywhere. So I, too, have my doubts. But there is something that makes my OS think there is an extension. And that something/issue, as well as the issue in the image (something to do with 'Kirill Luzanov'), happened immediately after installing v4.4.2 - that's a fact.

https://i.imgur.com/DljfxPE.png

2pence

Post by 2pence »

When I installed 4.4.2 all I had a problem with was the constant requests for access to the Downloads folder. I fixed that by reverting back to 4.3.9.

Last edited by 2pence on Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

Thanks, 2pence. You're not the only one that saw the repeated requests thing. Plenty of reports.

But I never did. Weird