qBittorrent crashing with network locations

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
krebstar

qBittorrent crashing with network locations

Post by krebstar »

Hello,

I am trying to download a large torrent that I do not have enough space on my local drives to store. So I thought, I have a NAS device that has plenty of space. So I tried to tell it to save it on the NAS. However, as soon as I do that, the entire program freezes and it actually locks up my computer. I had to hard reset the computer to get it to function again. Is this a not supported feature, or is there something special I have to do to be able to do this?

Thank you,

krebstar
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qBittorrent crashing with network locations

Post by Fuga »

You do not say what version of qB, no macOS. Nevertheless, aside from my own issues with qBittorrent I can say that in the past saving to drives on my LAN worked fine. Note, these were not NAS drives, just external drives attached to my router. I say "in the past" because now my externals are directly connected to my computer. More, using the LAN situation was a couple years ago so I can't say what the versions of client and OS were. ;)
krebstar

Post by krebstar »

My apologies, I should have done that.

MacOS 11.6.5
qBittorrent 4.4.2

I dont have a USB drive to test, this is just a Netgear on the network that I am accessing over SMB.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

And I should have added that back when I did similar, though again, not NAS specifically, it was AFP and not SMB. Good luck getting this sorted.
krebstar

Post by krebstar »

I was able to get it to work, but on a much smaller file. I think the issue was the torrent was 100GB. Is there poor support for such large torrents?
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

Interesting. Back in the day I'd bet the largest I dealt with was less than 10 GB. I no longer have the LAN as it was so can't try to replicate.