Failed to load torrent message

Windows specific questions, problems.
gbu

Failed to load torrent message

Post by gbu »

I cant seem to add Torrens from a certain site (not sure if can name it) but maybe if i can then someone can test any torrent to see if its the same for them?

When it tries to start the torrent i get this message appear, i cant think if it was since i upgraded to the latest version of qBittorrent or since i upgraded from Win7 to WIn10

Any suggestions please.
Attachments
torrent.JPG
ciaobaby

Re: Failed to load torrent message

Post by ciaobaby »

What version? In numbers please rather than the ambiguous "the latest"
When it tries to start the torrent i get this message appear,
By 'start' do you mean 'loading' the metadata?

and would it be the same website in this thread
gbu

Post by gbu »

Sorry version 3.2.3

No its not the same website its KAT, i have to go through proxy to access the website cos im in UK with SKY as my provider but i do this with many sites but only KAT torrents give me this message.

It never gets as far as loading metadata, i just click the torrent and that message appears.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

It is their problem, just tested some random torrent tasks using tor browser to access Kat and all failed to load with "Invalid torrent"
FliessendWasser

Post by FliessendWasser »

I am not sure if posting a link to a specific post in the forums of KAT is allowed, so I will just quote it (posted by KAT staff member).
Ok guys as you know there is a Problem with downloading .Torrent files from torcache.

Now this is due to it being taken down for copyright reasons. I can assure you all the site techs have been working hard to fix this & have Tried other torrent Caches like Zoink.it soon as they Tried to change it over to a Different one it became dead moments later.

Please use the magnet Links

This still works Just be Patient until we can get something that has not been taken down.

Thanks
[...]
Probably this is the reason why the torrent-files are not working.
Last edited by FliessendWasser on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I am not sure if posting a link to a specific post in the forums of KAT is allowed, so I will just quote it (posted by KAT staff member).
No problem, as long as it is ontopic :).
gbu

Post by gbu »

Thanks for the replies and heads up as to why.

Cos im UK i have to use a proxy to access it(was using turbohide) this gives me access to the site and torrents but when i click on the Magnet links as they suggest the proxy doesnt recognize them.

I have since installed a Firefox proxy addon that gives me access to the site AND can download via torrent links again,

Its a bit slower getting access but at least i can now download while they fix the issue.

Thanks all for your help
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Cos im UK i have to use a proxy to access it(was using turbohide) this gives me access to the site and torrents but when i click on the Magnet links as they suggest the proxy doesnt recognize them.
As do I and also use Sky as my ISP.

But as I don't use any torrent indexing sites that provide access to pirated material other than for testing other peoples problems I have Tor Browser and use "copy link location" from the browser context menu, by doing that it does not need to "recognise" the links or even have any application mappings set in the browser preferences.
FliessendWasser

Post by FliessendWasser »

Nemo wrote:
No problem, as long as it is ontopic :).
k den

https://kat.cr/community/show/torcache- ... rrent-fil/

Besides the known problems, people report that the RSS-feeds also are not working (I thought I have seen a thread with a relevant topic somewhere in the forums)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

There you got the problem :). There seems still problems with it and hasn't been fixed 100% yet, so KAT users: Use magnet links.