Up/Down Stops Abruptly - Large File; Can't Shutdown qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
sodfij234234

Up/Down Stops Abruptly - Large File; Can't Shutdown qBittorrent

Post by sodfij234234 »

When I download a large file (~8 gb), everything will stop about halfway though (i.e., 4 gb downloaded).  Peers will be shown in the box below, but most will show 0.00%.  No data will be exchanged at all (no upload or download).  I'll shutdown qBittorrent, but it will still appear in the processes tab in the task manager, and it will be impossible to close when I select 'end process'.  It will never close.

I have to restart my computer, and the torrent it was downloading will have to be rechecked.  This has happened quite a few times.  I use version 3.0.11, and Win 7 Ultimate.  My internet won't go out during this time; can still browse online.
ralphonzo

Re: Up/Down Stops Abruptly - Large File; Can't Shutdown qBittorrent

Post by ralphonzo »

This has been reported a few times and is present in at least .09-.11.  I've only experienced it when running certain "problem torrents," one of which was very small.  It's not just size and will always happen with that particular torrent, in my experience within 15 seconds of running it.  Especially sucks for me because I have to hard reboot the PC as Windows hangs perpetually at shutdown--I have a lot of RAID pairs to resync after such a reset :/
sodfij234234

Post by sodfij234234 »

I know it takes forever to reboot my pc.  It downloads for about 30 minutes or so before messing up, and it doesn't happen all the time.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Since this is really hard on our part to reproduce and debug, would you care to do some simple testing on your PC?

If yes, go here and try older versions one at a time. Go as back as 3.0.0.
First, try 3.0.10 if it still has the bug then try 3.0.9 etc.
ralphonzo

Post by ralphonzo »

It without a doubt happens in 3.0.10 and 3.0.9, so I would suggest the tester start with 3.0.8.  I'm not game as resyncing arrays is extremely time-consuming and cripples my PC till it's completed.

If it would be of use, I could share a "problem .torrent" I've kept around.  Perhaps a private link would be appropriate for the usual P2P-related reasons, so let me know if you'd like it for testing purposes.
Last edited by ralphonzo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

[quote="ralphonzo"]
It without a doubt happens in 3.0.10 and 3.0.9, so I would suggest the tester start with 3.0.8.  I'm not game as resyncing arrays is extremely time-consuming and cripples my PC till it's completed.

If it would be of use, I could share a "problem .torrent" I've kept around.  Perhaps a private link would be appropriate for the usual P2P-related reasons, so let me know if you'd like it for testing purposes.
[/quote]

You can send me the link in a pm
sodfij234234

Post by sodfij234234 »

Thanks a lot sledgehammer_999.  It's not that big a deal really.  I'm kind of too lazy to try older versions sorry.  And I think it doesn't happen that often.  Maybe I can pm you an event log the next time it happens?  Would that help?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know if it will help but you can certainly pm it to me.
ralphonzo

Post by ralphonzo »

I'm assuming you got my .torrent?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Just so you know libtorrent 0.16.11 was released today and it seems to contain a "fix for hang during shutdown". It isn't included in the released log but it is present in the svn log. This may solve your issue. It will be included with the next qbt release.
ralphonzo

Post by ralphonzo »

Not too late for a relevant update on this topic: The problem still occurs in the same manner, from the versions mentioned previously all the way through 3.1.9.  I've lost an enormous amount of productivity time since last posting thanks to this problem and I'm afraid I have little hope it will ever be fixed as you told me yourself you don't have the time to devote to this particular bug.  The few hours spent over the weekend loading all my torrents back into uTorrent 2.2.1 are sure to save me countless hours of frustration suffering with qBittorrent in the future.